+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEVER Use This Brand Of Probiotics

Hi Jill,

I sincerely apologize for the confusion, as the science can be overwhelming at times. This is true even for Coach Tim and I.

First, I do want to mention our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

With that said, if you are looking for a legitimate probiotic to boost your immune system, than look no further; BioTrust Pro-X10 will do just that, and more.

Essentially, the bacteria in Pro-X10 help to:

- crowd out "bad" bacteria.
    - inhibit growth of "bad" bacteria.
    - increase immune system functioning and responses to pathogens.
    - improve regularity.
    - restore bacterial balance in the gut.

You simply cannot go wrong with including Pro-X10 in your regimen.

I hope this helps, and if you have any other questions at all, please let us know.

Thank you, Jill!
    Brian Murray, Pn2

Hi All, I'd first like to thank everyone for their contributions to these boards. Your questions and responses have been so helpful!

I apologize in advance for the length of my post

This is my first time on this board. I came in hopes to get answers on if the probiotics and colostrum combo I've been using is actually doing me good or harm. About 6 or 7 months ag,o and I was having a bit more bloating and discomfort than usual. So I visit my doctor and we did one of those
    breath into this tube" test where we tested the amount of gasses coming off my breath from digestion...this number was high. Then I ingested a syrupy liquid and my belly almost distended double in size, and the breath test was taken again with even high results (higher = bad). This test concluded that I had an ungodly amount of bad bacteria in my gut and my doctor suggested I begin taking probiotics. I told his I had been eating Probiotic-infused Yogurts and Greek yogurt, but he explained that this was not enough and/or yogurt does not include enough probiotic to promote the best gut health. And that I should take his recommended probiotic that he kept in a refrigerator.

Long story short, I've had very bad eating habits throughout my entire childhood and adolescence. Barely eating any fresh vegetables, and had a high-salt, highly-processed meal regimen. This continued up until about 2-3 years ago when I began changing my diet to plant-based, and slowly merging out dairy, bleached carbs, refined sugars, and most meats. So up until then I've consistently had constipation/diarrhea (sorry, TMI!), bloating immediately after meals (and sometimes throughout the day), and some digestive cramping due to the bloating. In my childhood I thought this was normal and my parents didn't think much of it. Now as an adult I know better! But recently I've been struggling with yeast and bacterial functions off and on more often than usual, and I'm worried my probiotic might be failing me? On top of that I've had a consistent battle with candida on one foot & toenail that has been treated in the past topically, and with doctor supervision. But has since come back with a vengeance. I feel like my entire system has come under total attack by fungus/bacteria and it's really becoming frustrating. My issue keeps clearing up then coming back, but never staying away for good.

Anyway, before I get too off track.. After the doc visit, I did some quick searches online to see what was out there, and wanted to educate myself before committing to his product. What I found was so many different kinds of blends, millions vs billions of CFUs, and a host of other variations and it just became very confusing very quickly. However I did manage t purchase a few bottles of probiotics and other supplements as I heard some people were having issue with reoccurring issues because something called a "biofilm" prevented the probotic from doing its job 100%

File_000 (1).jpg

This is what I've been taking - all purchased on Amazon:
    1. Purely Holistic brand capsules - Candida Cleanse: includes L.Adicophilus 4bil (100mg), Caprylic Acid, Oregan Extract, Aloe Vera, Wormwood Leaf, Anise, Reishi Mushroom and a few other bit for an organic cleanse. I take 2 caps
    2. Symbiotics brand capsules - Colostrum Plus: has Immulox, Bovine Colustrum (pasteurized cow pre-milk, immunoglobulins, proline-rich polyperptides, lactoferrin), and protein. I take 2 caps
    3. Bioganix brand capsules - Biopro-50 Probiotic: boasts having 50 bilion CFUs Bifido/Lacto cultures.. (bifidobacterium lactis, lactobacilius aceidophilus, bifidobacterium longum, bifidobacterium bifidum, lactobacillius casei, lactobacillius plantarum, lactobacillius gasseri, lactobacillius salivarius, lactobacillius rhamnosus, lactobacillius bulgaricus), Lactospore (bacillus coagulan), and Neutra Flora (probiotic fiber)

Lastly, a GNC representative suggested one of their probiotics specific to women: Ultra 30 Probiotic Complex. And this boasts 30bil CFUs and no refrigeration required. But I stopped taking this months ago. How beneficial is a refrigerated Probiotic vs one off the shelf? On a side note: I've added ACV to my morning routine with my probiotic and food (usually a banana), and in my bath with tea tree oil for topical fungal treatment. Any other suggestions here with ACV?

Thank you again for enduring this long post. Hope to hear response soon!

<3

Good morning, Anne. Thank you for joining us here on the Community Forum, and for sharing your story with us. I am sorry to hear of your health concerns, and for the discomfort you have been experiencing. I am happy to hear that you have been under the care of a physician, and are being mindful of the treatment options that have been provided to you.

Before I jump in, I do need to mention that our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

BioTRUST Products are made with natural ingredients that are considered safe and extremely effective for nearly everyone. However, if you take prescription medications or have a medical condition, we recommend that you show our product labels to your physician and/or pharmacist for proper approval.

With that being said, I would be very interested to hear more about your current habits such as what your meal plan consists of, and how some of your other lifestyle characteristics are working for you? Would you say that you are mindful of consuming adequate water throughout the day? When you are able to eat, are you including protein sources, and being mindful of consuming nutrient dense foods? I know you had mentioned that you had poor eating habits while growing up, and have begun to change your diet. I am very interested to hear more about these changes, and how you would say they have been working for you?

Can you take me through a sample day in the life of Anne in terms of your diet?

While I am not at liberty to speak for the safety or efficacy of products outside of our BioTRUST Nutrition products, I can discuss a little more about our products, and how they could benefit you (and why I personally wouldn't use anything except our products).

Overall, probiotics (i.e., the good bacteria that resides in your gut) provide the foundation for gut health. Your gut (i.e., the large intestine) is: home to between 70% and 80% of your immune system; colloquially termed your "second brain,"; and the most metabolically active organ in the body. Populating the gut with adequate probiotics is key to optimal overall and digestive health, immune system function, mental well being, metabolism, and much, much more. Taking a probiotic (e.g., Pro-X10) every day is considered by scientists to be more important for overall health than taking a daily multivitamin.

However, when it comes to digestive, and even overall health, digestive enzymes are the body's front line of defense. They are charged with the responsibility of breaking down the foods we eat into their constituent nutrients. That is, while we eat foods, the body needs the macro and micronutrients, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, etc., that are contained within foods. Digestive enzymes are the "keys" that unlock food's potential.

In the absence of adequate digestive enzymes, food goes undigested. This means missing out on important nutrients, but also means greater potential for inflammation and many uncomfortable symptoms, like gas, bloating, fatigue, skin conditions, and more. This is where a comprehensive digestive enzyme (e.g., AbsorbMax) comes in handy, as utilizing a broad-spectrum digestive enzyme complex has potential to alleviate many of the issues associated with indigestion.

As you can see, combining Pro-X10 and AbsorbMax has potential to improve digestion from the stomach all the way to the intestines. However, it is also important to address other lifestyle factors which could potentially be impacting your digestion.

I believe that these products would be helpful in helping to relieve some of the symptoms you have mentioned, and I would encourage you to mention them to your treating physician to get their feedback on them.

I can completely understand how these concerns you have may be hindering your quality of life, so hopefully we can work together to help you regain control of things, and get things moving in the right direction.

If you would like to learn more about our product, or the information that Coach Tim has put together on the subject, the following article is a great resource:

All About Probiotics

I am looking forward to getting to know you better, Anne. Have a wonderful week.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread