I am about 100 pounds overweight. I was losing weight on a low carb, high protein diet. When I went to see my urologist he said that kind of diet is not right for me. This is because I had a crisis with six kidney stones that ended up requiring surgical removal. Before the surgery I was treated with lithotripsy in an effort to dissolve the stones into smaller particles. The doctor overdid the treatment and shattered my left kidney. Now I have a large blood mass (hematoma) on that kidney and am still limited in what I can do physically because of the injury. I now feel good enough to work on my weight and fitness, but the diet issue is a problem. When I changed from a low carb diet to the suggested diet for keeping my uric acid low, I stopped losing weight. I know that I need protein, but the doctor says that I am not to eat more than 4 to 8 ounces of animal protein per day. Would it work for me to use the BioTrust low carb protein drink, or would this source of protein also raise my uric acid level? I am ready to order this product today, but I don't want to end up with more kidney stones. By the way, I have increased my water intake in a BIG way. I want to do whatever it takes to be healthy.