+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yogurt

Yogurt

This is my first post and I apologize if it is a stupid one. But is yogurt actually a good food to eat ? I currently eat Dannon Activia yogurt. Is this a good choice ? If this topic has been covered in another area on this forum, I apologize. Please be honest and open with your responses, if any. I don't mind being educated. ... Thank you

Hi jimcam. Welcome to the Community Forum. This is a great question! I would probably start off by asking how yogurt fits into your overall diet or meal plan? In the grand scheme of things, yes, I would consider some types of yogurt to be healthy. When speaking in terms of dairy, we recommend that you avoid fat-free versions, as you will want to take advantage of the full-fat profile of these foods.

While each individual is just as unique on the inside as they are on the outside, the daily requirements of consuming a healthy balance of lean proteins, good carbohydrates, and healthy fats is pretty standard across the board.

Some of our fellow Community Members and Coaches had a great discussion about good nutrition in the following thread:

Habits of Highly Effective Nutrition Plans

Another great resource where Coach Brian dropped a ton of knowledge can be found here:

Guidelines for Optimal Nutrition

We hope you will stick around a while, and continue to offer your contributions. If there is anything we can do to make your time spent with us more enjoyable, just let us know.

Have a great week!
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread