+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banana's

Banana's

Can you tell me if eating 6 or 7 banana's a day is harmful? Thank you.

Greetings, Monica. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question.

I would have to say that depends on how they fit in with the rest of your meal plan. One banana contains only about 105 calories, and is made up of mostly water and carbs. Bananas contain very little protein and almost no fat.

The carbohydrates in unripe bananas consist mostly of starch and resistant starch, but as the banana ripens, the starch turns into sugar (glucose, fructose and sucrose).

So to determine whether or not consuming 6 or 7 bananas would be "good" or "bad" for you, it may be helpful to take a look at how they fit in with the remainder of your diet, to see if they are hurting or helping you to reach your goals.

If you plan in sticking around a while, I would encourage you to check out our introductory thread, and allow us to get to know more about you:

Getting Started Taking The First Steps Toward Your New Body

Coach Shaun also put together a live video presentation that lends itself to this discussion which you may view on our facebook page.

In the meantime, if you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. We are here to help and always happy to do so!

Have a great week, Monica.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread