+ Reply to Thread

Thread: smoothies

smoothies

The smoothies for the 2 Day Meal Plan are quite large. It is too much volume for me in one meal. My stomach is not that big. So far I have split one smoothie for the 12:00 and 3:00 o'clock meal.

What should I do to get the protein in?[/FONT]

Good morning, hanneboll. Thank you for taking the time to register and for allowing us the opportunity to assist you with your questions and concerns.

Before I begin, I would like to clarify which meal plan you are currently following? Based on the limited information, it would appear that you may be adhering to the One Day Diet, but I want to be sure so we can provide the best information for you.

If this is the case, and you are having concerns about consuming the two shakes, can you tell me more about how you are preparing them? Are you mixing 2 scoops with 8 ounces of water or milk, or are you making a shake from our recipe eBook? What are you consuming as your third meal? Are you finding that the feeding window of 12-6 is not ideal for you to consume all three meals?

One suggestion I would have is to adjust your feeding window. The guidelines suggest the 12-3-6 meal times as an example, however if pushing those earlier in the day or later in the day work best, you are certainly able to shift those to a more manageable time. Another suggestion would be to increase your feeding window. Rather than limiting your meals to within a 6 hour time frame, you could extend this to an 8 hour time frame.

We recommend that you consume these shakes immediately (i.e., within 10 – 20 minutes) after preparation. Waiting longer may result in the delicious flavor profile being affected, as the addition of liquid allows ProHydrolase® to begin breaking down (i.e., hydrolyzing) the proteins. While this is critical to making the proteins significantly more bioavailable, this may result in the beverage becoming more bitter over time. It is for this reason that I would not recommend saving half of your shake for another meal.

I would like to discuss this further with you, so if you don't mind addressing some of the questions I have for you, we can determine the best course of action.

I look forward to hearing from you, hanneboll.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

smoothies

Quote Originally Posted by Cristina Powell View Post
    Good morning, hanneboll. Thank you for taking the time to register and for allowing us the opportunity to assist you with your questions and concerns.

Before I begin, I would like to clarify which meal plan you are currently following? Based on the limited information, it would appear that you may be adhering to the One Day Diet, but I want to be sure so we can provide the best information for you.

If this is the case, and you are having concerns about consuming the two shakes, can you tell me more about how you are preparing them? Are you mixing 2 scoops with 8 ounces of water or milk, or are you making a shake from our recipe eBook? What are you consuming as your third meal? Are you finding that the feeding window of 12-6 is not ideal for you to consume all three meals?

One suggestion I would have is to adjust your feeding window. The guidelines suggest the 12-3-6 meal times as an example, however if pushing those earlier in the day or later in the day work best, you are certainly able to shift those to a more manageable time. Another suggestion would be to increase your feeding window. Rather than limiting your meals to within a 6 hour time frame, you could extend this to an 8 hour time frame.

We recommend that you consume these shakes immediately (i.e., within 10 – 20 minutes) after preparation. Waiting longer may result in the delicious flavor profile being affected, as the addition of liquid allows ProHydrolase® to begin breaking down (i.e., hydrolyzing) the proteins. While this is critical to making the proteins significantly more bioavailable, this may result in the beverage becoming more bitter over time. It is for this reason that I would not recommend saving half of your shake for another meal.

I would like to discuss this further with you, so if you don't mind addressing some of the questions I have for you, we can determine the best course of action.

I look forward to hearing from you, hanneboll.

Thank you for the answer.
    Yes I have used Almond milk, and the recommendation of smoothies fot the one day diet. I have switched now to morning, noon and evening. Is the one day diet more effective?
    hanneboll

Hi hanneboll. Thank you for your update. How are things working out for you with your current meal times? Have you noticed that this is more manageable for you?
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread