+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low carb day on 3 week diet

Low carb day on 3 week diet

Can a shake be the morning meal on the Low Carb or Mod Carb Day? If I can, can I put fruit in my shake on a Low Carb Day?

I currently eat lots of veggies, can I still eat as many veggies as I want on "meal days" as long as I limit protein and fat?
    Last edited by Maryanns; 04-27-2017 at 01:49 PM. Reason: More questions...and no one has responded yet

Good morning, Maryanns. Welcome to the Community Forum. Please accept our apologies for the delay in our response time.

To begin, you mention that you are adhering to the 3 Week Diet, and I think this is a wonderful program, which will really help you to get acclimated to making healthier choices, and allow you to begin focusing on replacing some of your current habits with healthier ones.

Your specific inquiry about whether or not you can include fruit during this program is that it depends. It depends on which of the 5 days you are on.

For example, one of the days is the fast day, and this would mean that you are not permitted to consume anything that contains calories. There is the suggestion that you include a well balanced dinner, if that is something you need, however with that meal, there is no fruit permitted, as this includes lean proteins and vegetables.

Another day is the shake day, and with this day, you may include fruits as ingredients in your Low Carb Protein Blend smoothies, provided they fit in with the calories and macros that are included for each particular shake. We typically recommend that the fruits that you include are berries, or fruits that tend to fall a bit lower on the glycemic index.

With regards to the other days included with this program, there is a time and place for fruits, but again, the critical part is to include fruits which fall within the guidelines of being low carb, or moderate carb. The recipe booklet that we encourage you to use with each of our programs has each recipe broken out into various categories which will tell you which meals they are suitable for. If you don't already have a copy of this booklet, the following link will allow you access:

53 Fat Burning Smoothies

When you are into the maintenance phase of your program, and learning how to set up your own meal plans, we have many resources which will help you to understand more about fruit. One which I find very helpful can be found here:

What Role Should Fruit Play In Your Diet?

With regards to veggies, you are permitted to consume any vegetable off the "free veggie" list, which includes the following:

• Asparagus
    • Broccoli
    • Brussels Sprouts
    • Cabbage
    • Carrots
    • Cauliflower
    • Celery
    • Collard Greens
    • Cucumber
    • Eggplant
    • Fennel
    • Green Onion
    • Leek
    • Lettuce – any type
    • Mushroom
    • Okra
    • Onion
    • Pepper, Bell
    • Radish
    • Snow Peas
    • Spinach
    • Tomato
    • Zucchini

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions, Maryanns, and also let us know how things are going for you. We would love an update when time permits.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread