+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New

New

Hi ive just joined, my plans are to lose 2 stone for health reasons as i have a curved spine and apperently extra weight isnt going to help it. The trouble i have is i cant excerise due to the pain on methadone for pain relief. So would welcome any help on how i can achieve my goal. Look forward in hearing from you xx

Hi. I'm new also!! Good luck to you!!

Hi LISALEE46. Please forgive our delays in responding to your post, as we experienced some technical difficulties which prevented us from accessing some of our threads. We appreciate your patience, and are looking forward to sharing in your body transformation journey.

Before continuing, I am required to remind you that our products and the information that we provide are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical conditions. If you are taking prescription medications and/or being treated for a medical conditions, we advise that you consult with your physician prior to starting any new supplements, diet program, or exercise routine.

With that being said, since you mention that you are currently unable to exercise, I would be interested to know if you are currently working with a physical therapist or medical professional on rehabilitation? Have you been provided any exercises or activities that are recommended specifically for you in terms of regaining mobility?

While you may not have much control over your physical activity, one thing you do have control over is your diet. Being mindful of good nutrition is critical for not only losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight, but for your overall health and wellness. The following are some great resources for better understanding what constitutes good nutrition:

Guidelines for Optimal Nutrition

Habits of Highly Effective Nutrition Plans

Something else that is important to mention is how we can preserve your muscle mass. In order to lose fat and maintain muscle, it's important to get enough protein in your daily diet. Including adequate protein in your diet is critical, as Coach Tim explains in the following article:

Why Is Optimizing Protein Important?

I'd also like to direct you to our starter thread where most people begin their journey with us. This thread offers a wealth of knowledge and you can simply click on the topics in which you are interested. I'll include the link below.

Getting Started Taking The First Steps Toward Your New Body

I think this will be a great place for you get started. Again, we want to welcome you here to the BioTRUST Community and look forward to hearing more from you!
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread