+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restricted diet

Restricted diet

How can I improve my diet when I cannot eat Pork or Chicken in any way shape or form? Every time I see a diet plan the only food on the plan is chicken. Turkey is usually very dry just like beef. Every beef spread has chicken in the ingredients list and a pack of salad has mainly lettuce. Only when at home can I prepare a decent well balanced meal with well balanced carbohydrate/protien/mineral/vitamin content. When Travelling most food outlets only provide sausage(pork) or chicken/port combination with chips and frozen peas. No good for a person on a diet

Good morning, quorneve. Thank you for registering to join us here on the Community Forum. I would be more than happy to help you with your concerns, so let's get right to it!

I can completely understand your concerns about getting adequate protein in your diet when you are unable to consume certain meats. Joel Marion, one of our co-founders, recently posted an article on our blog which is a great resource for folks just like yourself:

Top Protein Sources (other than chicken)

My personal recommendation would be to include our Low Carb Protein Blend in your healthy diet. You can have a shake as a meal replacement, or you can use as a healthy snack, post work-out or pre-bedtime. For all intents and purposes, BioTRUST Low Carb is a food as it is a high-quality source of protein. If you want to make a smoothie, you can try some of the recipes in the following ebook:

53 Fat Burning Smoothies and Milkshakes

You can also use BioTRUST Low Carb whenever you feel like you have a craving coming on (instead of eating junk food). Protein has a profound effect on appetite.

To learn more about the importance of protein, check out this article:

Why Is Optimizing Protein Intake So Important?

Additionally, we always advise folks use our products in combination with good nutrition and regular exercise. Being mindful of your nutrition is critical for not only losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight, but for your overall health and wellness. The following are some great resources for better understanding what constitutes good nutrition:

Guidelines for Optimal Nutrition

Habits of Highly Effective Nutrition Plans

We also have some of our own meal plans that incorporate using our Low Carb, and you are welcome to explore these as options depending on your specific goal:

BioTRUST Approved Meal Plans

I don't want to overload you with information, but this should be a great start to get the ball rolling, quorneve.

Please let us know if you have any feedback, or any additional questions. I look forward to sharing in your journey with you.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    THINK HEALTHY THOUGHTS

+ Reply to Thread