+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 50 gms protein 1st thing in a.m.

50 gms protein 1st thing in a.m.

Question re: information re: protein intake: In a Biotrust video I viewed, the statement was need to take in 1gm/lb body wt. and 50 gms of those 1st thing in a.m. If I look at the nutritional data correctly on Low CHO protein powder per serving (2scoops) there are 24gms protein. Is the recommendation then to double that ( 4 scoops) or 2 shakes in a.m.? Thereby increasing caloric intake to 300 kcal, CHOs to 16 gms etc? And one bottle lasting only 1 week?

Thanks,
    LPM

Good morning, LPM. Welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for taking the time to register and for this great question about how to best consume a shake using our Low Carb Protein Blend.

The general directions state to add two scoops of BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend to 8 ounces of water (or other liquid) and mix or blend until smooth. And we recommend for best results, to add two ice cubes to cold liquid and drink within 10 minutes of preparation.

However if you are referring to our Protein Power Meal Plan, the directions are slightly different as with this program it's all about optimizing your protein intake. Before I get into the basics of the program, it may be helpful to share with you an article written by the great Coach Tim, which lends itself to this discussion:

Why Is Optimizing Protein Intake Important?

Now in terms of the meal plan you are looking to implement, our recommendations are to consume 50 grams of protein for breakfast, so you can either enjoy BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend by itself or use one of the recipes from our 53 Fat Burning Smoothies & Milkshakes recipe book.

With regards to when you are consuming your breakfast, this would be entirely dependent on your schedule and the way your meal plan is set up. Here are some general guidelines for this program:

• If you choose BioTRUST Low Carb by itself for your morning protein shake, then you’ll want to mix four (4) scoops of BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend with 12 – 14 ounces of the liquid of your choice (e.g., water, unsweetened almond milk, iced green tea, coffee). If you choose to use milk (i.e., organic, grass-fed), then you’ll want to add three (3) scoops of BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend because 12 ounces of milk will supply about 12 grams of high-quality protein.

• If you choose a recipe from the 53 Fat Burning Smoothies & Milkshakes recipe book that contains less than 33 grams of protein, add two (2) additional scoops of BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend and four (4) ounces of extra liquid to the recipe.

• If you choose a recipe from the 53 Fat Burning Smoothies & Milkshakes recipe book that contains 33 grams of protein or more, add one (1) additional scoop of BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend and two (2) ounces of extra liquid to the recipe.

• If you choose a recipe from the 53 Fat Burning Smoothies & Milkshakes recipe book that contains 45 grams of protein or more, the recipe will remain the same (i.e., no need to add additional BioTRUST Low Carb Protein Blend)

Hopefully this clears up any confusion, and if there is anything else we can help you with, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to help, and always happy to do so.

Have an enjoyable week, LPM.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread