+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gastric Surgery

Gastric Surgery

Hi, I had a gastric sleeve surgery some years ago and my stomach capacity is much reduced. I eat 6-8 small meals per day. Can I use one tablet rather than two at 3-4 of my meals rather than 2 at a normal main size meal? Thanks for your input. Mary

Good afternoon, Mary. Welcome to the Community Forum.

To kick things off, a required legal disclaimer: Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

BioTRUST Products are made with natural ingredients that are considered safe and extremely effective for nearly everyone. However, if you take prescription medications or have a medical condition, we recommend that you show our product labels to your physician and/or pharmacist for proper approval.

With that being said, it may be helpful for us to learn more about what your specific goals are, and which product you are referring to? Generally speaking, each of our product serving sizes are based on extensive research and studies to determine the effective amounts of the ingredients that are necessary to achieve optimal results. I would venture to say that if you are referring to a weight loss product, regardless if you are consuming 6-8 smaller meals or 3 or 4 larger meals, you could still consume two servings with the directed meals. If you are referring to a product such as AbsorbMax or GlutenGone, we can discuss how to best include this product in your diet based on your meal plan.

In the meantime, please let us know if there are any additional questions we can help address for you, and we will do our best to provide you with further guidance.

Have an enjoyable weekend, Mary.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

Does any one have advice for gastric problems?

Welcome back, Sarah. I know we have had various conversations on a few threads, but since this is a new inquiry, I wanted to address this on this particular thread.

It may be helpful for you to elaborate on what type of gastric problems you may be experiencing, and if you have discussed these concerns with your physician?

It is important to remind you that you must not rely on the information on this website as an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter you should consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.

Additionally, if you think you may be suffering from any medical condition you should seek immediate medical attention. You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment because of information on this website.

We welcome the opportunity to assist you with your concerns, and look forward to continuing this discussion with you upon your next visit.

Products with GastricBypass Roux-en-Y

Hi; I was thinking about trying the crave fix for a different reason and I wonder if anyone could answer my question?

BACKSTORY: I had weight loss surgery in August of 2005. I took off around 172 pounds in 11 months and I was highly successful in keeping it off for about seven years. Due to death in family/divorce/etc etc my emotional eating took over MAINLY because (due to menopause and inabilitly to sleep through the night anymore) I would wake up hungry..real hunger not emotional hunger..and eating carbs for a long time was all I could handle AND it would put me to sleep..

well..THAT lead to nowhere good...*sigh*

SO: I am now (at 62/63years young) considering that perhaps my emotional eating has grown up a bit (people who do the obesity walk have a deep sense of hopelessness and helplessness that people who are only a bit overweight don't know anything about, on a tactile..or even emotional level sometimes). I have not been eating lots of sugar for over a year now, but I am still quite over weight and I suspect it is partly due to ALWAYS waking up at about 3:30 am. I do fine on about 5.5 to 6 hours of sleep..but it would be nice to start a more serious weight loss plan (Like Dr Perlmutter's plan) and feel that the CraveFix could help me alleviate some of the call to food..

does it work this way when there is actual physical hunger? Or just emotional cravings? Because eating foods one is sensitive to can cause actual physical cravings versus just emotional ones..

Can anyone reply to this with a more in depth answer than just an "upsell" response? My challenge is that I cant really afford the "sales" prices offered, even the $24.50 one, and it would be helpful to know how well this product works..

If you could please :-) Thank you!

Good morning, kayleeguy. Welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for taking the time to register to join us and for sharing your story. I would be more than happy to help address your questions to determine if CraveFix 96 is something that would enhance your diet, and help to keep your cravings at bay.

I think something that is extremely important to address is whether or not your cravings are actual hunger or if they are more of an emotionally driven need. Based on the information you have provided I am guessing it is the latter, and this is not something that can be addressed with a pill. It would be helpful for you to really get to the root of your issues, so these can be addressed, so as not to cause further detriment not only to your physical well being, but your mental and emotional well being, too.

We do have a few great resources here which may be helpful for you to explore:

Emotional Eating

How To End Emotional Eating

Speaking in terms of CraveFix 96, this may be a beneficial supplement to add to your diet, as the ingredients work together to control your appetite and curb your cravings, which reduces the sensation of feeling hungry. I would say it is more of an appetite suppressant which would help you reduce those instances where you are waking up to eat carbohydrates.

One of the ingredients is an extremely unique and highly specialized saffron extract known as SaffaTrim. This powerful extract has been shown through research to elevate levels of serotonin in the brain, signaling satiety, increasing feelings of fullness, and reducing cravings in an incredible way.

Just how incredibly powerful is SaffaTrim when it comes to curbing cravings and controlling appetite? In a recent 16-person, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study, each of the participants supplementing with SaffaTrim reported significantly reduced hunger and their daily food intake. On the other hand, the placebo group showed NO improvements in hunger, appetite control, or food intake.

How does that translate into real-world results? In just 4 short weeks, the SaffaTrim group lost, on average, 3 ½ more pounds compared to those not consuming SaffaTrim. Moreover, in a second landmark 8-week study published in the renowned journal Nutrition Research, French researchers found that SaffaTrim supplementation in healthy overweight women was shown to result in:

*Significantly LESS snacking (compared to the non-SaffaTrim group)
    *A substantial 84% decrease in appetite, and
    *A dramatic 78% reduction in cravings for sweets

In fact, according to the researchers, “[SaffaTrim] caused an indisputable reduction of snacking frequency over the 8-week supplementation, gradually decreasing up to 2-fold relative to baseline.”

Even better, unlike many supplements that lose their effectiveness over time, the participants supplementing with SaffaTrim reported increased effectiveness with continued use during this second, 8-week clinical trial. In other words, the longer they used it, the more profound the effects of SaffaTrim became!

The next ingredient included in this appetite-regulating super formula is Vitamin D3, shown to be up to 3xs more effective at elevating Vitamin D levels within the body compared to the common plant-derived Vitamin D2. Why does this matter? You see, research has shown that low Vitamin D levels are correlated with significantly higher levels of ghrelin and increased hunger, while higher Vitamin D levels help to keep the diet-sabotaging “hunger hormone” ghrelin at bay.

Not only that, but numerous studies have also found that adding this superior form of Vitamin D to a healthy weight-loss plan leads to more fat loss, lower body fat, and more inches lost. In fact, a recent double-blind study published in the Nutrition Journal profoundly confirmed this when participants supplementing with 1000 IU/day of Vitamin D3 (the exact amount contained in each serving of CraveFix 96) for 12 weeks lost significantly MORE fat than those not receiving this potent fat-burning vitamin.

The third and final ingredient in this blockbuster craving-crushing blend is ZestaSorb Naringin, a compound found in very small amounts in grapefruits and other citrus fruits. When taken in higher amounts, however, like found in CraveFix 96, ZestaSorb has been shown to enhance insulin sensitivity and the uptake of carbohydrates into muscles to be used as energy (instead of being stored as fat).

Not only that, but ZestaSorb has also been shown to increase the production of adiponectin, a critically important metabolism- and appetite-regulating hormone, which also enhances fat burning.

And last but not least, through its unique properties ZestaSorb, helps to increase the absorption of both SaffaTrim and Vitamin D3, making this already powerful formula even more potent.

So what does all of this mean to you? It means that with the help of these 3 premium, research-backed ingredients and their powerful hormone-regulating properties, you can increase your body's levels of the “fullness factor” neurotransmitter, serotonin, while at the same time reducing your body's nightmare “hunger hormone,” ghrelin.

The end result? You control your appetite, dramatically reduce cravings, consume fewer calories, and ultimately burn more fat – all without the struggle, feeling like you're “starving,” and the all too common hunger pangs of traditional dieting.

I hope this information is helpful, kayleeguy. We have some additional resources which may lend themselves to this discussion which can be found on our blog:

BioTRUST Blog

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, as we are here to help, and always happy to do so.

+ Reply to Thread