+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low carb protein powder

Low carb protein powder

Just ordered this product. I just learned my cholesterol is a bit high and now wondering if it is ok to use this product since it has whey and casein in it??

Good morning, Ilene. On behalf of the Coaches and the entire BioTRUST Nutrition team, I want to welcome you to the Community Forum.

I would be more than happy to discuss our Low Carb Protein Blend with you, but before I do, it is important to note our products and services (e.g., the BioTRUST Coaching Community) are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know anyone’s complete medical history, we advise everyone consult their doctor and/or pharmacist about any specific medical question(s). Furthermore, one should never stop taking any medications without doctor's approval.

With that being said, I would not necessarily say that supplementing your diet with our Low Carb Protein Blend should cause you any concern, as this product is made with natural ingredients and considered both safe and effective for healthy adults over the age of 18. Depending on your overall diet or meal plan, this product contributes to an overall healthy diet, and can provide you with a solid protein source.

Our Low Carb Protein Blend contains approximately 25 grams of cholesterol per 2 scoop serving.

In addition, studies also show that high-protein diets can have positive effects on body composition and variety of metabolic parameters, including blood lipids. In particular, this study showed that increasing protein intake and subsequently reducing carbohydrate intake (without reducing calorie intake) led to significant reductions in cholesterol, triglycerides, and the triglyceride to cholesterol ratio.

On the topic of protein, we generally recommend that you try and get roughly .08 to 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight in your diet. Would you say that you meet that recommendation? Coach Tim has written the following article which is a great resource for understanding how important protein in your diet can be not just for weight management, but for your overall health.

Why Is Optimizing Protein Intake So Important?

You might also find the following thread helpful where Coach Tim has discussed the topic of blood lipids (e.g., cholesterol, triglycerides) in a bit more depth and provided some additional direction:

All About Cholesterol and How to Improve Yours

I hope this information is helpful to you, Ilene. We welcome your feedback, and hope you will let us know if you have any other questions or concerns we can address for you.

Have a wonderful week.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

High cholesterol & Biotrust Protein Powder

Is the Bio-Trust Low Carb Protein Powder safe to take if you have high cholesterol?

Hello, Ilene.

Please make sure that you check with your physician prior to taking any of our products or advice. We're not doctors and cannot tell you definitely whether taking something like Low Carb is okay for you. However, in general, folks with cholesterol issues are able to use BioTRUST products in moderation. Again, please double-check with your doctor first! Hope this helps and have a wonderful day.
    Coach Stefanie
    BioTrust Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    ISSA Certified in Fitness Nutrition

+ Reply to Thread