+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What age group is low carb protein safe to use?

Post What age group is low carb protein safe to use?

I have Grandchildren that are as young as 2 years old. Is BioTrust Low Carb Protein safe for them to drink?

Good morning, wothompson. Welcome to the Community Forum. This is a great question, and I would be more than happy to provide you with an answer.

Our Low Carb Protein Blend is made with natural ingredients that have been shown to be both safe and effective, and much like all of our BioTRUST Nutrition products, its use is intended for healthy adults over the age of 18.

However, with that being said, our Low Carb Protein Blend, Low Carb Protein Cookies, and Low Carb Organic Protein Bars are food products, and generally speaking, they are completely suitable for consumption by children.

In fact, I have two children ages 4 and 5, and they frequently ask for a "milkshake" or a protein cookie as a snack. I feel like this is a win-win because my kids consider these treats, but I know that they are healthy and packed with protein.

I hate to say that there is no limit, as with anything there needs to be mindfulness in portion sizes, however we advise you to use your own discretion with regards to servings and frequency in regards to supplementing your children's diets with our protein products.

We recently added a new flavor to the 4 flavors we previously had, so now we carry Creamy Vanilla, Milk Chocolate, Cafe Mocha, Strawberry-Banana, and Peach-Mango. Each of these are great on their own, or even better when used in one of our recipes contained in the following eBook:

53 Fat Burning Smoothies

Your kids may even like to try their hand at creating a healthy and satisfying shake by using the following fool proof template:

• Protein: 2 scoops BioTrust Low Carb
    • Vegetable: 1 – 2 fistfuls veggies (e.g., spinach, powdered greens)
    • Fruit: 1/2 - 1 cupped handful fruit (e.g., berries)
    • Healthy Fats: 1 thumb-sized portion healthy fats (e.g., nuts, nut butters, seeds, coconut oil)
    • 8 ounces low-calorie liquid (e.g., water, unsweetened almond milk)
    • Ice to preference

If you happen to come up with any recipes you enjoy, please share them with us here, as I am certain the other Community Members would love to try them, too.

Have a great week, wothompson.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread