+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Newbie😊

Newbie😊

Hi! I'm new to Biotrust and would like a recommendation on which products to start with. I'm 54, very active, dealing with the post-menopause belly pooch. I have only 10lbs I'd like to shed, gain somebody muscle back and ease some joint stiffness. I train 5-6 days a week, my diet is pretty good most days. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Good morning, Myochick. On behalf of the Coaches and the entire BioTRUST Nutrition team, I want to welcome you to the Community Forum.

Before I begin, I want to mention that our products and services (e.g., the BioTRUST Coaching Community) are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know anyone’s complete medical history, we advise everyone consult their doctor and/or pharmacist about any specific medical question(s). Furthermore, one should never stop taking any medications without doctor's approval.

With that being said, I am sorry to hear that you are having such difficulty with your weight loss efforts, and I would be interested to learn more about what some of your current habits are, and what you have been doing to help facilitate your weight loss? You mention that your diet is pretty good most days and that you train 5-6 days a week. Can you elaborate a bit more on both of those things? Have you been under any additional stress recently, and have you been able to maintain adequate sleep hygiene?

I know you're not necessarily placing blame on menopause for your current health status, but it is often made the culprit when folks develop metabolic disorders (e.g., insulin resistance and obesity), and there's some evidence to support that. In a lot of cases, it's possible that the lack of estrogen could make it easier to accumulate fat, especially on the abdomen. Furthermore, lacking adequate estrogen could decrease insulin sensitivity, which is problematic if weight loss is the goal. However, menopause doesn't cause fat storage, nor does it make it more difficult to lose weight; energy balance (i.e., calories in versus calories out) is still the biggest factor to discuss when weight loss is the goal.

In any case, I think it's important to talk about estrogen, menopause, and weight loss in greater detail. In the thread below Coach Brian discusses supplements for menopause, as well as what happens when one goes through menopause:

Menopause: Are Your Hormones Making You Fat?

From an anti-obesity (i.e., "fat loss") supplement standpoint, we have several products which when used consistently in combination with good nutrition and regular exercise, have different mechanisms of actions, and their effects on obesity and fat storage are complementary and synergistic. That is, combining these supplements may be beneficial when looking to optimize your health and metabolism.

Coach Tim gives a synopsis of each of these four supplements in the thread below, so please feel free to read through it if you're interested in any of our weight loss supplements.

Navigating The BioTRUST Fat Loss Supplements

With regards to your concerns with joint stiffness, one of the first products I would recommend for you, and what I would consider a staple in a healthy diet, is our OmegaKrill 5X. Research has shown that supplementing with omega-3 fatty acids daily may:

• Improve cardiovascular health
    • Enhance mood and well being and ease anxiety
    • Decrease inflammation and pain and help the body repair itself
    • Lubricate joints and improve skin health
    • Support healthy insulin sensitivity, metabolic rate, and body composition

My other suggestion would be to include Joint 33X. I am not certain if you have any underlying medical concerns with regards to your joint stiffness or if this is just normal wear and tear, however it is important to understand that joint discomfort, stiffness, and occasional activity-related flare-ups can often be traced back to three common problems:

• Poor collagen health and reduced collagen formation
    • Decreased quantity and quality of hyaluronic acid
    • Increased joint tissue breakdown (i.e., increased collagen degradation)

The joint-nourishing ingredients in Joint 33X provide a three-pronged approach to revitalize tired and worn joints, support joint health, improve joint comfort, reduce joint stiffness, promote joint mobility, improve quality of life, and optimize muscle strength (that may be compromised due to joint discomfort):

• Build and restore with UC-II®. UC-II® helps generate healthy collagen (the main structural protein in bones, cartilage, skin, and tendons) for better joint comfort, increased mobility, reduced stiffness, and improved quality of life.
    • Lubricate with Hyal-Joint®. Hyal-Joint® stimulates the body’s production of hyaluronic acid, the chief component of the synovial fluid responsible for cushioning and lubricating joints, thereby promoting joint comfort, reducing stiffness, and improving muscle function.
    • Protect with Après-Flex®. AprèsFlex® protects against collagen degradation and supports healthy joints and reductions in activity-related flare-ups.

Coach Tim provided the Community with all the key information pertaining to Joint 33X, in the following thread:

All About Joint 33X

In the meantime, it will be helpful for us to get to know you better, and the following thread is a great place to begin:

Getting Started Taking The First Steps Toward Your New Body

I am looking forward to sharing in your journey, Myochick. Have a fantastic day.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks for your help Christina! My fitness routine is usually 3-4 days a week 45 min. Circuit Training. I am a runner too, usually 2 times a week 3-5 miles unless I'm training for a race. As far as diet, I try to eat pretty clean during the week, lower carb, I sometimes skip meals though. I'm a massage therapist so my job is physically demanding, hence the joint discomfort. I think I have adrenal fatigue? I know 10lbs isn't a huge amount to lose, I just seem stuck! I'm also a personal trainer so I know what to do, just this hormone thing is a tough issue! Thanks again, I will read all the info you sent me😊Katherine😊

+ Reply to Thread