+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tying to reduce belly fat and lose 10 pounds frustrated

tying to reduce belly fat and lose 10 pounds frustrated

Hi

I'm Patt Q. I'm 59 I walk abrisk mile every day and surf a couple hours every week. Last month I quickly gained almost 10 lbs. and have no idea why. I am using nutrisystem, and find I tnd to snack on low fat crackers at night...maybe a few handfuls, because I'm still hungry.
    I also noticed that when I was eating yogurt or drinking Kambucha to geet probiotics I got really bloated at night. That seemed to resolve mostly when I stopped. I still think besides dairy and carbonation, gluten might be contributing to the bloat. As a result Im goimg to eliminate gluten from my diet when I'm done with nutrisystem this month. I ordered the belly fat reducing pills nd the probiotics.

I never had an issue with being overweight until recently. The bloating is I wake up with a almost flat stomach, by the end of evening I look 6 months pregnant. Again Im 10 lbs. over my normal weight of 135. I am 5'8" and weigh 146.

Any suggestions?

Patty Q
    Patty Q

Hello, Patty Q, and welcome to the community.

We are excited to have you joining us here, and hope that we can help you find and alleviate the source of the bloat. I'm not that familiar with the meals on the NutriSystem plan, except my guess is that they include some processed food choices. If so, this is not optimal when it comes to losing weight, getting rid of bloat and achieving health. I do think getting rid of gluten is a good first step, and step two may be to avoid dairy for a while as you may have issues with tolerating lactose. You may also want to check with your physician and see if he or she has any suggestions.

That said, you could also take a look at this excellent post from Coach Brian which discusses elimination diets and FODMAP food plans. I think these could really help you narrow down the issue.

Digestion Issues

Also, to help you get acclimated around here and provide other interesting and hopefully helpful info, we have set up the following thread for newcomers.

Important Articles and Threads

I hope this is helpful for you, Patty Q, and please let us know how it's going for you. Have an amazing day!
    Coach Stefanie
    BioTrust Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    ISSA Certified in Fitness Nutrition

Hi Patty My name is Kris I am new to this forum and just wanted to say HI
    I have a real problem with exercise as I am at a computer 10+hours a day
    Sounds like you get in a good amount of exercise. I did order the Belly fat buster
    hope to see results when I get it. I lost 25 pounds just trying to eat healthier and eat less
    Hope I can get the exercise thing going
    KMP

Good afternoon, KMP. Thank you for taking the time to register to join us here and for sharing your story with the Community.

Congratulations on your 25 pound weight loss. That is incredible! Would it be safe to say that you are comfortable with your overall body mass now, and are more concerned now with maintaining your weight loss and building lean muscle?

You mention that you are looking to add exercise to your routine, and we have some great resources to help you get started:

The Critical Elements of Fat Loss Training - Read First

Metabolic Resistance Training - Optimizing Your Exercise Investment

In terms of of adding BellyTrim XP to your routine, you may safely and effectively take BellyTrim XP until you reach your goal, or even continue after you reach your goal. To ensure your success, it's critical that you use the products as directed, every day, and for a full 60 to 90 days to achieve the results you deserve and desire. Studies have shown that 12+ weeks of supplementation with CLA results in significant decreases in:

• Body weight
    • Body Mass Index
    • Total fat mass
    • Body fat percentage
    • Subcutaneous fat mass
    • Waist to hip ratio- Feelings of hunger (i.e., increased satiety and fullness)

Research also shows that CLA supplementation for 6 months significantly reduces body fat and prevents additional weight gain.

If there is anything else that you have questions about, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Have a terrific week, KMP.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

HI my name is Renier 47 from Australia , and I have Goat now for 17 years in my feet , knee , shoulder and elbow
    I was fit and healthy until I got married stop exercising and being active , now my legs and feet started swelling up a lot with a lot of fluid in the legs and feet with dark patches on it not sure why , any advise please

Hi Renier. Welcome to the BioTRUST Community, and thanks so much for offering us the opportunity to help you!

It is important to note our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know anyone’s complete medical history, we advise everyone consult their doctor and/or pharmacist about any specific medical question(s). Furthermore, one should never stop taking any medications without doctor's approval.

That being said, Coach Tim has shared some pretty neat information about gout in the thread below. Generally speaking, it is thought that folks should reduce protein consumption when gout is an issue, as purines—which are an organic compound found in almost all human cells and foods—have been linked to gout in a few preliminary studies. However, most of that research is dated, as purine-rich foods are not correlated with, or causative of gout.

A High-Protein Diet and Gout: Connected or Misunderstood?

You'll also find some other pertinent information in that thread, so I encourage you to dig into it. For example, you'll see that gout is associated with insulin resistance, which is why folks with gout are often told to consume whole, minimally-processed foods in lieu of processed, sugar-laden foods. Since we're on the topic of insulin resistance, it may be beneficial to read through this article as well:

Understanding Metabolic Flexibility and Insulin Resistance

Hopefully this provides you with some good information to get the ball rolling, Renier. We look forward to continuing this discussion with you.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

Patty - I am a veteran fat loss guy (over 50 lbs of fat loss in 7 months and now lean). I'd like to give you some practical tips.

Stop all alcohol intake. Get off fast carbs (starches: Potato, rice, Sugars etc) and intake a lot of high fiber green leafy veggies like kale or spinach salads.
    EAT GOOD FATS. This is critical since it makes your body convert from primary burning carbs/glucose/sugars to fat burning mode - it's actually a better energy source and cleaner. Eating good fats (with CLA supplements like BellyTrim etc) like nuts (walnuts, pistachios, pecans, almonds etc) or avocado, olive oil on salads with vinegar etc. will help set up the body to start burning body fat more efficiently.

Try to take a prebiotic too - most of us have damaged metabolic hormonal signaling due to massive food additives and antibiotics destroying gut flora. Once you get this balanced out the microorganisms in the intestines are like a 2nd brain that shut down all feelings of hunger - you will simply feel full all the time and not really crave foods etc. (you might even have to force yourself to eat to get proper caloric input and nutritional macros).

You will see a lot of body scale weight fluctuation until you get your body really well along the way to repairing metabolism. Fluid retention (water or glucose) can be triggered by too high salt/sodium intake, female cycles, even toilet routine.

Don't get too scale-weight fixated as scale weight can vary daily/weekly up and down and be demotivating. Focus more on physical feedback of noticable leaning of face. arms, chest/breast, legs, butt etc. and how loose your clothes start to feel.

80% of the task here is to get your nutrition tuned and eating smart. Get out daily if possible with that walking or cardio activity. Do some resistance training too in order to preserve muscle tissue during weight loss since its the active metabolic furnace for burning calories from the various channels of energy sources (fat, carbs, protein). If you want to cheat a little on your diet - lean more to higher protein since most of it gets dumped if not used and the conversion process of protein to blood sugars is not efficient and burns up a lot in that conversion.

Good Luck.
    If you're not gaining then you're dying.

FatSlayer-s-Blog

Current Stats: 5' 11.5", 17% Body Fat @ 197 lbs. Net Scale Weight Change: 35 lbs. Total Fat loss in 14 weeks 40 lbs.

+ Reply to Thread