+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 13 abdominal surgeries in last 6 years. Need safe way to develop core muscles again.

13 abdominal surgeries in last 6 years. Need safe way to develop core muscles again.

Hi, I have had 13 abdominal surgeries in the last 6 years due to childbirth complications. I need safe way to develop my core muscles again. My last surgery which I hope will be my last surgery was in July 2016 and I have completed physical rehab and am not in pain anymore in my abdomen.

I have high triglycerides due to medication I have to take and lipodystrophy as a result of this medicine. What this means for me is that the fat is moved from my arms and legs and is concentrated on my belly and midsection.

Due to all of my post child birth surgeries I have had trouble exercising and after surgeries had long bedrest times. I am now 40 lbs overweight for the first time in my life and really look like I'm 7-8 months pregnant because my belly is so big.

I just ordered the BioTrust BellyTrim XP today and am hoping it will help me. But I've never had back pain in my life and in the last few weeks my lower back has begun to hurt very badly after standing for long times and moving around the house not sitting for hours on end being on my feet. My ankles and feet were also beginning to swell but I've been taking some water pills the last few weeks which seems to have stopped that problem. However, I'm getting some ankle pain on the inside of my ankle next to the bone which is showing some purple-ish veins where they hurt so I'm guessing that is some blood pooling?

Anyway, I need to ease into abdominal training to get some core muscles again and I'm not sure the best way to go about it.

I'm hoping the BioTrust coach on this forum will have some suggestions for me.

Thanks.

Are you going to help me?

You say in your messages that once we buy your products that you have a support system in your forum with access to coaches and fitness experts.

However, I posted my first message - at your email prompting - to the new person forum in exercise and fitness.

I have not received a single response from one of your coaches - even to say "I saw your message and am thinking of how to reply". If you're afraid I'm gonna sue you if you give me "bad"advice, I'm not. I just don't have it in me to sue anyone. I'm just looking for support.

I posted on via my username cattleya on 2/24/17 4:56 and have received no response from your staff. Three days may not seem like a long time for you, but for me who has just invested a considerable amount in you products (6 bottles of BellyTrim XP and 18 bottles of Ageless Body), I'm disappointed that I haven't gotten a single response.

I've had 13 abdominal surgeries all caused by a bad episiotomy at childbirth. Did I sue the doctor who butchered me? No. You know why? Because if it weren't for him I wouldn't have had my beautiful daughter.

I won't sue you. I just want help and advice. Is your Forum for real or not?

Good afternoon, catteleya. On behalf of the Coaches and the entire BioTRUST Nutrition team, I want to extend a very warm welcome to you. I do apologize that you did not receive a response in a timely manner. Generally we try our best to respond within 24 hours, however it certainly appears as though your post slipped under the radar. Again, please accept my apology and hopefully we can address your questions and concerns and help you reach your goals.

Before I begin, I do need to provide our required medical disclaimer which states that our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

BioTRUST Products are made with natural ingredients that are considered safe and extremely effective for nearly everyone. However, if you take prescription medications or have a medical condition, we recommend that you show our product labels to your physician and/or pharmacist for proper approval.

With that being said, I am sorry to hear of the complications that you experienced as a result of childbirth. Being that I have had two children, and one of which was a very rough delivery which also resulted in a few follow up surgeries, I feel much compassion for you and what you have endured. I am glad to hear that you are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and that you have successfully completed rehabilitation. Were they able to provide you with any exercises or stretching that can help you with rebuilding your core? You mention that you have started to experience back pain and swelling of your feet and ankles and I would certainly recommend mentioning these things to your physician or physical therapist. Especially since you are having such discomfort and noticing purplish veins.

I would be hesitant to recommend any specific exercises for you, just based on your health history, and without knowing more about your current limitations and restrictions. Rebuilding your core can be done with something as simple as walking. I would recommend engaging in an aerobic exercise program such as walking or riding a stationary bike at minimum three times a week. This will help burn body fat in general. Once you begin to feel comfortable, you can add other resistance training and weightlifting.

Speaking in terms of resistance training, I would recommend that you take a look at the following two threads, which are great resources for weight loss exercises:

The Critical Elements of Fat Loss Training - Read First

Metabolic Resistance Training - Optimizing Your Exercise Investment

We appreciate your recent orders of both BellyTrim XP and Ageless Body. Have you already began to include these in your diet? Are you comfortable with how and when to take each of these? In terms of BellyTrim XP we recommend that you take 1 serving (2 capsules) with breakfast and 1 serving (2 capsules) with dinner. And with Ageless Body, we recommend taking 2 capsules one time per day with a meal.

In addition to our Forum, we also have recently launched a new blog, which has several categories including nutrition, exercise, recipes, and lifestyle. We have posted some great articles and included some terrific resources which you may find helpful.

BioTRUST Blog

Thank you for your patience and for sharing your story with us. We are looking forward to getting to know more about you, and in sharing in your journey, catteleya.

Have a wonderful day.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

+ Reply to Thread