+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peanut butter?

Post Peanut butter?

Your come-on was "what does peanut butter do to your body? Well I listened to the entire overly-long and tedious lecture and never heard mention of peanut butter. Neither was the question posed on what 4 foods you should never eat answered. Are these just dishonest fishing hooks to get people to your site?
    Sadly puts in question your integrity. In what other ways are you deceiving the customer??

Good morning, Cari. Thank you for taking the time to register for our Community Forum, and for your feedback on our e-mail subscriptions.

I am sorry that you were not provided the information that was promised in the video presentation, and on behalf of Joel and Josh, I am sorry for any frustration the title may have caused you.

Overall, the emphasis is placed on avoiding processed foods, which contribute to leptin resistance. Here are the four types of foods that are mentioned in the presentation:

1. Fried foods, which are high in trans fats, an ingredient that can ravage hormones and derail health;
    2. Wheat-based foods, which are high in gluten, an ingredient that can drive tissue inflammation (see AbsorbMax);
    3. Corn, particularly high-fructose corn syrup; and
    4. Soy, particularly soybean oil.

Both of the latter two ingredients (i.e., soy- and corn-based ingredients) are the most genetically-modified crops in the US. These both also find their ways into tons and tons of processed foods. They also contribute to inflammation and an unbalanced ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (see OmegaKrill 5X). Again, the emphasis here is on processed foods, which contribute to leptin resistance.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Now that you are part of our Community, if you have any questions about any of the information we have provided, we welcome you to stop by and we can offer an explanation or provide more details.

We have also recently launched a blog which contains content on everything ranging from good nutrition and healthy recipes to fitness and lifestyle related topics. You may access our blog through the following link:

BioTRUST Blog

Again, we hope you find these to be great resources for your health and fitness related questions. If there is anything else we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    THINK HEALTHY THOUGHTS

Peanut Butter

So, despite your frequent teaser emails to the contrary, peanut butter not really going to kill me?

I'm referring to Kirkland Organic (Costco), that is just roasted california peanuts and sea salt; am I understanding you correctly?

So what is your problem with bananas, also the subject of frequent, potentially misleading emails?

Merci -

Greetings, vito98103. Welcome to the Community Forum. Thank you for these great questions.

Is peanut butter going to kill you? I certainly hope not, as this is one of my all time favorite cheat foods! We would recommend that you opt for a reputable brand that has minimal processing, and few ingredients. As a matter of fact, I actually make my own nut butters using just raw nuts and my nutri-bullet. I can pronounce everything in them, and feel confident I am feeding my body a true all natural product.

Keep portion sizes in mind when including peanut butter in your healthy diet. A portion of peanut butter would be considered a fat, therefore the measurement would be the equivalent to the tip of your thumb.

With regards to your inquiry into bananas...we actually posted a recent blog article all about bananas that may be helpful for you to explore:

Are Bananas Good For You?
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    THINK HEALTHY THOUGHTS

+ Reply to Thread