+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Turmeric and Kidney Stones

Turmeric and Kidney Stones

I have a history of kidney stones that goes back to the early 90's. I tried Turmeric as an overall health supplement and developed a kidney stone soon after. When I did some research on Turmeric, I found that it CAN cause kidney stones. So I stopped taking that supplement immediately.

I'd like to hear from the BioTrust management about this issue about their experience with Turmeric and kidney stones. I am interested in trying the Ageless Body product, but am very leery about getting another kidney stone.

Anybody have any feedback with Ageless Body or turmeric in general?

Thanks!

Good morning, gbrendle. Thank you so much for taking the time to register for the Community Forum, and for your interest in our newest product, Ageless Body.

Ageless Body is a unique combination of research-backed ingredients, which have been proven to literally reverse the signs of aging. How can it do this, you ask? The ingredients offer you triple-action age-defying results which can roll back up to 17 years of degenerative cellular aging.

In addition, Ageless Body addresses all THREE root causes of aging:

1. Significantly protecting the health and length of your “cellular timekeepers”, your DNA telomeres. This means that even when your chronological age goes up, your cells stay young and vibrant!

2. Dramatically boosting mitochondrial function and energy production to keep you feeling youthful, energetic, and full of vitality.

3. Unequivocally fighting free radicals and oxidative stress through the most potent antioxidants available anywhere. These are the “cellular bodyguards” that ultimately keep you feeling AND looking young, lively, and vivacious.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, gbrendle. Our studies have shown that the ingredients contained in Ageless Body may offer the following benefits:

• Combatting external “photo aging”, notably improving skin tone & elasticity, and minimizing wrinkles
    • Reducing melanin (the molecule responsible for dark spots) by a whopping 30%
    • Significantly increasing the hormones responsible for skin brightness and that “youthful glow”
    • Drastically reducing the belly-fat producing, age-accelerating hormone cortisol 6.4Xs lower!
    • Reducing sleeplessness and improving quality of sleep by 68%
    • Significantly firming and tightening aged skin, especially loose skin
    • Dramatically increasing feelings of wellbeing by 36Xs!

We have recently written some fantastic resources that accompany the launch of this product, which you may enjoy taking a sneak peek at:

Top 10 Anti-Aging Superfoods

11 Foods That Accelerate Aging

With regards to your concerns with turmeric and kidney stones, it is important to understand that any information that we provide to you should never replace the information provided by your regular physician. While Ageless Body, and all of our other products, are made with natural ingredients and considered both safe and effective for all healthy adults over the age of 18, we would always advise that if you are taking any prescription medications or being treated for any health concerns, that you obtain prior approval from your physician or pharmacist before including any of our supplements in your diet.

With that being said, some of the other Coaches have had discussions with other Community Members regarding turmeric and the health benefits of including in your diet. Some of these discussions lend themselves to our discussion, and you may access them here:

Coach Tim: Turmeric

Coach Brian: Turmeric

As with anything, gbrendle, it is best to be mindful of even consuming too much of a good thing. BioTRUST Nutrition uses honest levels of ingredients - this means that we use the exact amount of each ingredient in our products that the scientific research has shown to be effective.

We are committed to using only the best ingredients, in the most effective forms, at optimal levels to create products that are better than anything else on the market from a quality, safety, and effectiveness standpoint. Simply put, BioTRUST Nutrition is the premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, giving back, and your results.

We hope you will share your feedback on this product with us, and let us know if there are any additional questions you have regarding Ageless Body, or any of our other products.

Thank you again for being a part of our Community.

Have a wonderful weekend.
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

Solution ?

Yes
    The problem with kidney seems to come form oxalate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18469248
    CONCLUSIONS:

The percentage of oxalate that was water soluble differed markedly between cinnamon (6%) and turmeric (91%), which appeared to be the primary cause of the greater urinary oxalate excretion/oxalate absorption from turmeric. The consumption of supplemental doses of turmeric, but not cinnamon, can significantly increase urinary oxalate levels, thereby increasing risk of kidney stone formation in susceptible individuals.

So maybe the solution is Not to take ageless body while eating some rich oxalate food but during an other meal
    see Table
    Capture du 2017-04-28 09-02-29.jpg

Is this sound right Cristina Powell ?
    Thanks for answer

Question

Quote Originally Posted by superseed77 View Post
    Yes
    The problem with kidney seems to come form oxalate.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18469248
    CONCLUSIONS:

The percentage of oxalate that was water soluble differed markedly between cinnamon (6%) and turmeric (91%), which appeared to be the primary cause of the greater urinary oxalate excretion/oxalate absorption from turmeric. The consumption of supplemental doses of turmeric, but not cinnamon, can significantly increase urinary oxalate levels, thereby increasing risk of kidney stone formation in susceptible individuals.

So maybe the solution is Not to take ageless body while eating some rich oxalate food but during an other meal
    see Table
    Capture du 2017-04-28 09-02-29.jpg

Is this sound right ?
    Thanks for answer
    Up !
    Someone PLEASE could tell me if it is a fair logic or not effective at all ?
    ie : Not to take Ageless Body when eating oxalate rich vegetables

Greetings, superseed77. Welcome to the Community Forum! Thank you for your patience in our delayed response time. We had some technical difficulties which prevented us from retrieving some of our threads. I would be more than happy to address your questions and concerns.

In the study cited in your post, the subjects were given 2800mg of turmeric per day. While turmeric contains curcumin in very small quantities (about 2 – 5%), it’s crucial to point out that the two are not synonymous. And while most people recognize that there are health benefits to turmeric, the overwhelming majority of them can be traced back to the antioxidant curcumin.

Ageless Body does not contain turmeric powder like that used in the study. Rather, Ageless Body contains CurcuWIN, a water-soluble turmeric extract standardized for curcuminoids, or more specifically, the bioactive ingredient in turmeric called curcumin. Besides curcuminoids, CurcuWIN is standardized for a hydrophilic carrier, cellulosic derivatives, and natural antioxidants. This novel form of curcumin has been shown to be 46 times more bioavailable than standard turmeric powder. As a point of reference, we recommend taking 1 – 2 servings of Ageless Body daily, providing 50 – 100mg of curcumin.

Be that as it may, the point is that you can’t translate the results of the study cited to supplementation with CurcuWIN. While turmeric contains a very small amount of curcumin, it also contains a bunch of “other” stuff, including (as the cited study shows) oxalate. In fact, the whole spice, as mentioned in the study, is “high-oxalate spice.”

The take-home point is that turmeric is significantly different in composition than a highly standardized curcumin extract such as CurcuWIN. Whereas a turmeric powder will contain all the components of the spice (including oxalates), CurcuWIN is standardized specifically for its curcuminoids (namely curcumin), which are complemented by a proprietary blend of bioavailability-enhancing ingredients.

Simply put, any reference that suggests that turmeric may be associated with the formation of kidney stones cannot be translated to highly standardized turmeric extracts, such as CurcuWIN. They are not the same. For more on curcumin, please see the following report:

All About Turmeric

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. We look forward to continuing this discussion, or addressing any additional questions you may have, superseed77.

Perfect

It's a perfect answer for my point of view
    Thanks a lot

Hi Superseed77. I am glad we could have this discussion.

If there is anything else we can help you with, don't hesitate to let us know!

+ Reply to Thread