+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dbx-13

Question Dbx-13

I am reading/hearing more about a natural diabetes treatment called DBX-13. It is also presented on the Health Sciences Institute webpage. Is this valid? I am currently taking your IC-5 product. Comparison?....thoughts?.....

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Pam Clark

DBX-13 doesn't exist

In January 2014 - I recently purchased a subscription to the Health Sciences Institute (HSI) newsletter and got the book "Miracles from the Vault." I scoured the pages to find DBX-13 which they advertised as the diabetes miracle cure, and couldn't find it anywhere. I called HSI, and after three attempts and threatening to take them to court for false advertising, a response finally came by email. DBX-13 is called X-Cravings. But get this... it is no longer being manufactured. X-Cravings appears to be a formula to help you stop craving food... a diet product... and I guess they apparently felt this would help you lose weight which would help your diabetes. I placed a call to the manufacturer of X-Cravings, Nutricology. Tel: (800)545-9960 who claims they don't know that X-Cravings was called DBX-13 by HSI, and they said they discontinued X-Cravings last year (2013). They also don't have a replacement product for it either. I hate when companies like HSI scam you by offering you hope that doesn't exist, which is why I am posting this information.

So what did hsi tell you after you discovered this??

Hello everyone,

Welcome to the BioTRUST Community, and thanks so much for offering us the opportunity to help you! I see that 2Bhealthy and Pam haven't logged into the Forum in quite some time, and I apologize that your posts slipped through the cracks; hopefully the following information will still be relevant and helpful.

From everything I've gathered so far, it appears the HSI product no longer exists. I can't really speak to the effectiveness of the product because I haven't been able to lock down the ingredient panel, however, it has some pretty mixed reviews from a blood sugar management standpoint. Furthermore, it would be hard to compare the HSI product to BioTRUST IC-5 because our products contain the most cutting-edge ingredients and delivery technology on the supplement market today; the HSI product dates back to early 2013, and perhaps even earlier, and unfortunately the science on the product has potential to be outdated.

At BioTRUST, we are a science-driven company, and we constantly review new published research to ensure that our products contain the best ingredients in the most effective forms in the amounts that research (on real folks just like yourself) has shown to be efficacious, all synergistically packaged and delivered. Like you, we only settle for the best products at BioTRUST, and the only way we can do that is to stay current with the latest research and continue to update our products accordingly.

In other words, the funny thing about science is that it’s a moving target. It’s evolving, and if the science evolves, so too must the supplements based on its findings. To stay on top of it all, we're always researching, experimenting, testing, and consulting with other experts to make sure that our formulations are optimal.

That being said, IC-5 was recently reformulated and revamped to reflect the current body of research on blood sugar management, insulin sensitivity, advanced glycation end-products (AGEs), and more. It's one of the most comprehensive products if one is looking to:

• improve carbohydrate partitioning to the muscle/liver;
    • improve insulin sensitivity and efficiency;
    • reduce the action of certain carbohydrate-digesting enzymes;
    • decrease harmful advanced glycation end-products (AGEs);
    • improve metabolic flexibility, and thus, one's fat-burning potential; and
    • increase antioxidant support.

If you're interested in reading more about IC-5 and everything it has to offer, then please take a look at the article below.

All About IC-5: An advanced insulin support and carbohydrate management supplement.

I hope this helps!
    Brian Murray, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach

+ Reply to Thread