+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healthy Recipes

Healthy Recipes

Healthy Recipes

While people are always talking about macronutrients, we don't eat protein, carbs, and fats: we eat FOOD. In this section of the forum, you will find delicious and nutritious recipes that use BioTrust products, as well as other amazing healthy recipes.

We encourage you to post your favorite BioTrust recipes (e.g., using BioTrust Low Carb). What's your favorite recipe for a BioTrust Low Carb smoothie? Have you tried baking with BioTrust Low Carb?

We'd love to see other healthy recipes that you would recommend to fellow Community Members. If you have a question about whether a recipe you found is acceptable, this is the place to ask.

Not sure what makes a healthy recipe? Check out our criteria:
    • Focuses predominantly on one-ingredient foods (e.g., any meat, veggie, nut, seed, oil, bean, or fruit whose only ingredient is itself)
    • Contains lean, complete proteins (except for veggie/side dishes)
    • Minimally processed, whole foods
    • Low in sugar and processed carbohydrates (e.g.., "white" and packaged carbs)
    • Prioritizes good, healthy fats over bad ones
    • Emphasizes nutrient density while controlling calorie density
    • Includes fresh, all-natural ingredients
    • No artificial ingredients, flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives
    • Tastes great and is great for you!

We check every submitted recipe to make sure that it is BioTrust-compliant. We'll even look for ways to improve recipes that may be close but just need a little tweak to adhere to these rules. We know that eating healthy can seem like a daunting task, so we really want to make sure that we provide a great platform for increasing your culinary variety when it comes to clean eating.

If you have a question about an order that you placed, please contact our Customer Service team directly. One of our team members will gladly assist you with your inquiry:

BioTrust.com
    Support [at] BioTrust.com
    (800) 766 5086

Mediterranean fish parcel

Hi all!

I think this recipe is very healthy and can be modified to other seafood like prawn or lobster, yum yum!

fish.jpg

Ingredients

2 x 200g white fish
    1 zucchini, cut into rounds
    1 small eggplant or ½ large eggplant, cut into small cubes
    ½ bunch of basil, roughly chopped
    4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
    ½ tsp. sea salt
    ½ tsp. ground pepper
    10 bellino tomatoes, halved
    Method

Pre-heat your oven to 180C. In a bowl, gently combine all ingredients except the fish. On a baking tray, place a large piece of baking paper and spoon approx. 4 tbsp. of the vegetable mixture as a base. Place the fish on top.

Fold the baking paper in half and seal the bag air tight by twisting the edges together. Bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes, or until cooked, depending on the thinness of the fish used.

Serve with a green salad and a glass of red wine, delicious.

Thank you for sharing this recipe, Winnie. You can't really go wrong when you begin with a lean protein source such as fresh fish. Surround that with seasoned veggies and you have yourself a complete meal. Hopefully you make enough for leftovers because this sounds like something I would want to eat again and again.

Thanks again for sharing this great recipe with the Community!

*On a side note, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the recommendation to pair seafood with white wine?
    Cristina Powell, ME-NC3, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Blog Articles by Coach Cristina
    Love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle.

Yes, yes, yes. Love it, thank you Winnie. White fish is great with red wine.

Aubergene (or eggplant) and zucchini plus tomato always seem to make a dish Mediteranian or Middle Eastern,don't they.

Check out the Baba Ganouj recipe here http://thechalkboardmag.com/dr-mark-hyman-recipes

Somehow I knew this thread would be on Jillian's radar. As soon as I saw it, I thought to myself that this is something that you would love!

And have I had the whole wine pairing wrong this whole time? Clearly I need a lesson.

Healthy Protein Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss

Best recipes

Hi Melina. Welcome to the Community Forum. Thanks so much for this great feedback. We would love for you to share some of your favorite recipes with the Community!

We look forward to your contributions.

+ Reply to Thread