+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biotrust shakes and diabetes

Biotrust shakes and diabetes

My husband is pre diabetic. He is able to his numbers thru nutritious eating without medication. We are trying the biotrust protein shake one day diet expanded.

With drinking 2 shakes a day with all that fruit in it ...won't that affect his sugar levels greatly? Hmm maybe that's not a good idea for him ...pls help

Hi Bonniejoy,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community! We're very glad that you've joined us here. Kudos to you and your husband for getting started with the One Day Diet! We are sure that you're going to enjoy it, BioTrust Low Carb, and the results both help you achieve.

With regard to your husband, I do want to remind you that neither our premium, all-natural products nor our scientifically-backed diet plans are intended to treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Because we are neither doctors nor do we know your husband's entire health history, we do recommend that you discuss any specific medical-related questions with his healthcare professional.

That being said, the One Day Diet can easily be altered to meet the demands of a wide variety of needs. For example, if you're concerned about carbohydrate content of some of the recipes, I would encourage you to consult the 53 Fat Burning Smoothie and Milkshakes eBook and review the "Anytime" recipes, which are much lower in carbohydrates. Even the "Almost Anytime" recipes may be of consideration.

The two recipes shared in the One Day Diet manual are simply a couple examples of delicious BioTrust Low Carb smoothies. The options are endless, and our wonderful Community Mate Arnetta has even started a long thread with outstanding recipes:

http://www.biotrustboard.com/showthr...se-Concoctions

That being said, the research is compelling clear that, from a nutrition standpoint, a combination of protein, healthy fats, and fiber is optimal to control blood sugar and insulin levels, which reduces disease risk and optimizes the body's ability to effectively use fat for fuel and preserve carbohydrates.

This same cocktail also seems to be necessary to optimize body weight and reduce fat mass, improve health markers (i.e., stave off disease), improve sleep patterns, and eliminate GI distress.

BioTrust Low Carb does an outstanding job of covering the "protein" component of this super-nutrient combination. Adding some healthy fats (e.g., coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts, seeds, etc.) and some fiber (e.g., veggies, some fruits) would provide an optimal combination for anyone interested in improving health and body composition. You could even mix Low Carb with liquid separately and simply eat a nutrient-dense salad on the side with a homemade vinaigrette.

I hope this helps, Bonniejoy!
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

+ Reply to Thread