+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One day diet- can I have protein cookies? what about 3 shakes a day?

One day diet- can I have protein cookies? what about 3 shakes a day?

(1) Cookies:
    I'm loving the milkshakes, so I thought the cookies have to be great too. I bought a whole bunch of them, but I'm not sure how I can eat them on the one day diet. Can I have one with my dinner? It would supplement the protein that I usually eat. Are there any other ways I can incorporate it other than the cheat day?

(2) 3 Shakes a day:
    I really love these milkshakes-- so much so that I'd be really happy to have a shake for dinner instead of a balanced meal. Is this okay? Does it enhance results? Does it risk results?

I have to add that I've tried other protein shakes before and have always hated them. I didn't think I'd like these. But, I don't like them, I love them! Thanks for making a product that's delicious and offers a healthy and effective diet.

Hey Marlowe,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community! Glad to hear you are loving the Low Carb shakes! On the One Day Diet, it's okay to have the Protein cookies. You might want to try them at 3pm or even at breakfast with your Low Carb shake, or as a snack after your workout. As far as 3 shakes a day, I believe on the One Day Diet that a nutritious meal at dinner time is much more balanced than another shake. You would be depriving your body of all the nutrients from the evening meal. I personally cannot speak to whether it enhances results by only drinking 3 shakes a day as I have never done that, and I have lost 68 pounds in 6 months by following the One Day Diet to the T pretty much. I suggest you ask Coach Brian or Coach Tim whether this is an acceptable way to follow the One Day Diet.

Wishing you great success on your weight loss journey, Marlowe!!
    ~Kathy Stefaniak~
    #1 Fan BioTrust Nutrition

Hey Marlowe,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community!

I'm loving the milkshakes, so I thought the cookies have to be great too. I bought a whole bunch of them, but I'm not sure how I can eat them on the one day diet. Can I have one with my dinner? It would supplement the protein that I usually eat. Are there any other ways I can incorporate it other than the cheat day?
    You may use the Protein Cookies in a few different ways, as Kathy has mentioned (thank you, Kathy!). Here are a few examples:

1) Replace your first shake with two Protein Cookies.
    2) Replace your second shake with one, or one and a half, Protein Cookies.
    3) Use one Protein Cookie to supplement part of the carbohydrate and protein portion of your dinner.

I would not use one Protein Cookie to replace your protein source at dinner, and as Kathy has mentioned, we recommend a dinner full of complex carbohydrates, free veggies, lean protein, and a healthy portion of fat.

(2) 3 Shakes a day:
    I really love these milkshakes-- so much so that I'd be really happy to have a shake for dinner instead of a balanced meal. Is this okay? Does it enhance results? Does it risk results?
    You most certainly can, however, we would ask that you make sure to include plenty of fresh vegetables in your third meal. Also, I would encourage you to do this every so often, as opposed to everyday. It's not that the meal replacements aren't extremely delicious and healthful, we just want to make sure you are getting enough nutrients from foods you wouldn't normally blend (chicken, beef, fish, vegetables, etc.)

I have to add that I've tried other protein shakes before and have always hated them. I didn't think I'd like these. But, I don't like them, I love them! Thanks for making a product that's delicious and offers a healthy and effective diet.
    We are so glad to hear that Marlowe, and thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Please let us know how to better assist you moving forward with the forums, as we are here to help, and happy to do so.

Thank you!
    Brian Murray, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach

Aloha!
    I was wondering if there is a difference between the one day diet and the 3 week diet? I got the download of the one day diet, yet I am still not clear. In this thread it says you can have a cookie with the first shake, that means at noon, correct? also can I use soy sauce as a condiment?

Hi PinkyJR,

Welcome aboard the One Day Diet at BioTrust! The short answer to your first question is there is a HUGE difference between the One Day Diet and the Three Week Diet. The One Day Diet is the easiest to follow, the most flexible, and the most adaptable to any lifestyle. Those of us who are on it REALLY love it!

That being said, all the BioTrust Diets are very scientifically based and well constructed plans and they all use the same BioTrust Products or, if you choose (but I personally don't recommend it) they can be followed without the supreme benefits of the BioTrust brand.

The answer to your second question is "yes", also. As long as you keep the shake simple and low in carbs, you can have a shake and a cookie for your first meal. Hint: The cookies taste like fresh out of the oven if you warm them for a few seconds in the microwave. Our happy reaction has come to be known as "the Cookie Dance".

There is another part to your second question, too. Your feeding schedule can vary according to your schedule. I eat a fairly early dinner so I have my first shake between 10:30 and 11:30 depending on my daily schedule for activities in my busy life. Just be sure to keep your "feeding window" between six and eight hours and approximately the same time period every day to allow for IF (Intermittent Fasting) which is an integral part of the One Day Diet. You must fast between your last meal of the current day and your first meal of the next. Coffee and tea are allowed with no more than one 50 calorie additive such as cream or, in my case, coconut oil and cream with my morning cup of coffee. Consuming more than 50 calories will break the fast.

I hope this has helped PinkyJR. Our very knowledgable Coaches, Tim and Brian, will be able to give you more info as time goes by.

Have a great day!

Hi PinkyJR,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkyJR View Post
    I was wondering if there is a difference between the one day diet and the 3 week diet?
    There is indeed a difference in the structure of the two plans. You may want to consider taking a look at the following thread, however, which goes into a little bit more detail about the similarities, as well as the differences:

http://www.biotrustboard.com/showthr...hould-I-follow

Also, if you haven't acquired any information about the 3 Week Diet, you can do so here:

3 Week Diet

In this thread it says you can have a cookie with the first shake, that means at noon, correct?
    You can definitely use BioTrust Protein Cookies in accordance with the One Day Diet. Essentially, two Cookies would replace one of the smoothies. Alternatively, if you're a fan of Cookies and Milk, then you could have one Protein Cookie with a Low Carb smoothie (just mixed with water or unsweetened almond milk).

also can I use soy sauce as a condiment?
    Sure you can. You may actually consider using tamari sauce instead of soy sauce. It is a more pure condiment, as it is more concentrated source of fermented soybeans. What's more, tamari is generally gluten-free (whereas soy sauce is made with wheat), and it's easier to find organic tamari, which I'd also recommend due to the extremely high commonality of GMO soybeans.

I hope this helps, PinkyJR!
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

mahalo tim and arnettamae!
    I looked over the 3week diet and decided the one day diet was more my speed. I got the BCAAs and just ordered the leptin and IC5 how would I use this according to the one day diet. can you write out a sample of what my day would look like using the supplements and the protein shakes? I would like to start saturday... tomorrow.

Sorry to tune in late PinkyJR. I was out socializing last night and overslept today - Saturday!

I pasted the Word Document of my personal time line below. Yours may vary depending on your timeline, your daily schedule, and the supplements you take:

One Day Diet Chronological Daily Pill List

Morning:
    2 Leptiburn on an empty stomach " wait 15 minutes before BCAA
    4 BCAA Matrix
    On Day off only before breakfast: 1 Pro-X10, 1 AbsorbMax

Mid Morning:
    4 BCAA
    On workout Mondays and Thursdays add: 4 BCAA after workout

Lunch or first meal (this should be a Breakfast -Blue- or Almost Anytime -Orange- shake around noon or earlier depending on your chosen feeding window):
    2 IC-5: 15 minutes before meal
    1 AbsorbMax: immediately before
    On One Day Diet Day only: 1 Pro-X10

Between 2pm and 2:30pm on an empty stomach:
    2 LeptiBurn

Before 2nd Shake (Mid afternoon Anytime shake -Green- or can be Orange if you had a lower cal orange for the first shake):
    2 IC-5 if including carbs
    1 AbsorbMax

Dinner:
    2 IC-5: 15 minutes before
    1 AbsorbMax
    1 Pro-X10

Bedtime:
    4 BCAA
    Last edited by arnettamae; 10-19-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Hey Pinky JR,

Great choice you've made to follow the One Day Diet. Sounds like you are all set with the supplements and raring to go! A sample of the One Day Diet would be:

12:00 BioTrust Low Carb Shake w/either Unsweetened Almond Milk or water
    3:00 Another Low Carb Shake
    6:00 A sensible dinner with lean protein, plenty of vegetables, good source of fat, 1/2 sweet potato

As far as the supplements LeptiBurn, IC-5 and BCAA Matrix, you would take 2 LeptiBurn 1/2 hour before your morning meal, 2 IC-5 following taking the LeptiBurn and wait 15 minutes before the meal. The same goes for the evening meal. Take the 2 LeptiBurn and wait 1/2 hour and then take the IC-5 15 minutes before the meal. The BCAA Matrix would be taken pre workout and post workout.

I hope this may be of help for you Pinky JR, if further information is required, one of the Coaches would be most happy to help you out!

Wishing you great success on your weight loss journey! I know you will love the One Day Diet as it is the easiest to follow and produces great results! I myself have lost 68 pounds following this diet and have been most happy doing so! Good luck!
    ~Kathy Stefaniak~
    #1 Fan BioTrust Nutrition

Hey Pinky JR,

Please keep in mind that taking LeptiBurn at least 5 hours before your bedtime is advisable per both Coach Tim and Coach Brian; that's why most people take it no later than 3 pm just to be sure that it doesn't interfere with sleep. Personally, I take mine before 2 or 3pm because the energy from the caffein gives me the boost I need to overcome that mid afternoon siesta slump I once had. Kathy might be less susceptible to caffeine than most so she can handle it preceding her dinner. Just be careful here.

+ Reply to Thread