+ Reply to Thread

Thread: prox10

prox10

Hi: Having ulcerative colitis for over 20 years,would you recommend an increased dosage of prox10? Thanks.

Hi sandman,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community! I feel like Metallica should be playing as you "enter" the Forums.

Just a reminder, our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases. Because we are neither doctors nor do we know your entire health history, we recommend discussing specific medical-related questions with your physician. Please do not stop taking any prescription medications without proper approval.

I think that you're on the right track with Pro-X10, as there is suitable research to suggest that probiotics can be helpful in the management of Ulcerative Colitis.

As far as dosage goes, there are two separate studies that show a significant benefit (here and here) and used pretty hefty doses of probiotics, on the order of 3,600 billion twice per day.

It's important to note, however, that the probiotics used in these studies were not microencapsulated like those in Pro-X10. This microencapsulation technology has been shown to be at least 5 times as effective as traditional probiotics, like those used in the research. Mega doses of traditional probiotics are often given to help overcome the fact that the stomach acid and bile kill off much of that "unprotected bacteria," which does not permit it from colonizing in the gut. This is one major reason why Pro-X10 is superior to other probiotics.

My recommendation would be to start with the recommended dose for the first 7 - 10 days. After that, if you have not noticed any improvement, then you may consider increasing the dose 50 - 100% (i.e., 3 - 4 capsules) for an additional 7 - 10 days.

I hope this helps, sandman!
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach

prox10

Thanks Tim for your quick response. I'll take your advise and see what happens.

You bet, sandman! Please keep us posted.
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach

+ Reply to Thread