+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belly Trim XP

Belly Trim XP

What is Belly Trim XP and when will it be available? It is mentioned in our Product Catalog and Users Guide.

Hi tindoc,

Welcome to the BT Community!

BellyTrim XP is the "Where's Waldo" of BioTrust supplements. That is, we put it in the User's Guide to see if anyone could find it. All kidding aside, we have a very limited amount in our warehouse at this point, and that is why it is only featured in the User's Guide (and not on BioTrust.com).

My good friend and outstanding teammate Brian Murray shares some more details about BellyTrim XP and how you can acquire it here:

http://www.biotrustboard.com/showthr...9-BellyTrim-XP

In a nutshell, BellyTrim XP contains research-proven ingredients that help your body burn more belly fat, reduce your body's ability to store fat, have the potential to "kill" fat cells (i.e., apoptosis), and diminish systemic inflammation associated with weight gain. Pretty cool stuff!

I hope this helps, tindoc.
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

Hello,

I have purchased a bottle of Biotrust belly trim xp. I am mainly trialing it on myself first but have in mind a friend who despite eating healthy, having no sugar (nor artificial sweetners) in his diet, and having lost a lot of body fat, is still struggling to lose belly fat. Yet I felt concerned because a person I know whose insights have inspired me in the past (I will keep his name anonymous) had this to say about your product:

'...they're expensive. For example, their Belly Trim XP contains CLA (which is underdosed) and pomegranate seed oil and costs $50 per single bottle. That's crazy. Pomegranate seed oil's effects on weight loss are based almost entirely on preliminary animal studies. There is some data that shows a blend of fucoxanthin and pomegranate seed oil has some positive effect on weight loss, but that's a different story. This product's value lies in its CLA content - which as I said, is underdosed, and available on its own for less than half the cost of this product.'

I want to ask you if these claims are true, and why they are not true. I appreciate the feedback you gave to me in the past and would appreciate hearing your perspective on the above comments :-)

Hi Rhythm9,

I hope that this finds you doing well! How are things going for you? The last time you checked in, you shared with us that you had gone from 50% to 29% body fat, you were fully committed to a sound training program, and you had even enrolled in a personal training certification course.

If that's not a whole lot of awesomeness, I can't even begin to tell you what is. GREAT job, Rhythm9!

As always, we sincerely appreciate our outstanding customers like yourself sharing inquiries like this with us and allowing us the opportunity to help, which we'll gladly do so. First off, kudos to you for doing your "homework" and researching high and low to best understand the nutrients that you put into your body. Along those lines, kudos to you also for seeking information/opinions on both sides of the fence. With that said, I'll be happy to share some additional information with you regarding your questions (and those of your friend).

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm9
    ...they're expensive.
    At BioTrust, when designing our products, we take a problem-solution approach. That is, we identify a specific problem (as it relates to health, body composition, vitality, etc.) and we create a solution in the form of products that are bigger, badder, and better than literally anything else on the market from both a quality ingredient and scientific effectiveness standpoint.

We only use the highest quality ingredients, in the most effective amounts, packaged in the most efficient delivery systems. In the following thread and subsequent article, we talk a bit more about the measures that we take in building and providing the best, most effective products:

Trust BioTRUST

BioTrust Quality Assurance

As mentioned, our products are tested using state-of-the-art instrumentation, and the methods used are accredited by USP, AOAC, and FCC. Some of our ingredients and products require testing methods to be developed to ensure all aspects of the label information is correct, something that nearly no companies do and is quite expensive.

We have proprietary ingredient supplier relationship that ensure the best forms of ingredients. We use various manufacturers for our line of products. We have sought out and work with the best manufacturers for each product type (e.g., cGMP, closed loop, etc.). All

We only use ingredients backed by human clinical studies that demonstrate efficacy and safety. More importantly, we are taking efficacy testing a step further, as we’re investing research dollars in clinical studies on our products. Testing it in a manner like this does more than demonstrate compliance—it helps to prove efficacy. Although this is very rare in the industry, we are in the early stages of testing, as we believe this will be of great service to our customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm9
    Belly Trim XP contains CLA (which is underdosed)...

I can tell that you're interested in the research portion of the equation, Rhythm9, and along those lines, I encourage you to take a moment to review the following threads where we've discussed the ingredients in BellyTrim XP in significant detail:

Query about BellyTrim XP (please see post #4)

BellyTrim XP Effects

As you'll see in those threads, CLA is one of the most heavily-researched non-stimulant fat-burning supplement/nutrients. Meta-analyses (i.e., studies that "summarize" the available research) have found that the "scientifically effective" amount of CLA is around 3.2 grams of CLA per day, although some studies have found that fat loss benefits can be achieved levels as low as 1.7 grams per day. Studies that have compared higher amounts (e.g., 6.8 grams per day) have not demonstrated any greater (fat loss) effects with the higher servings.

When you dig into the methods of the studies, you'll find that the CLA oils used typically provide 75 - 80% of the active isomers (e.g., c9t11, t10,c12). Thus, the "scientifically-effective" amount of the active isomers is actually around 2.4 grams of CLA per day (or around 3 grams of 80% CLA oil per day). On the label of BellyTrim XP, you'll see that each two-capsule serving provides:

• 1200mg of CLA derived from from safflower oil using a proprietary process; the safflower oil is standardized for 80% CLA.
    • 400mg of pomegranate seed oil, which contains approximately 70% CLA. Our pomegranate seed oil is standardized for punicic acid, which has been dubbed "super CLA" because its efficacy appears to be more potent than that of ordinary CLA.

Thus, each two-capsule serving provides 1,480mg of CLA, for a total of 2,960mg of CLA per day, which is in line with what the research demonstrates to be effective.

As far as research on pomegranate seed oil/punicic acid, your friend's statement is well-received as there are some animal studies as well as the research cited that combines fucoxanthin and pomegranate seed oil. As cited in the links shared above, punicic acid has been shown to activate a receptor called PPAR y, which is actually the goal of many diabetic drugs aimed to lower blood sugar. By activating this receptor, PSO is able to reduce blood sugar via increased insulin sensitivity:

Activation of PPAR gamma and alpha by punicic acid ameliorates glucose tolerance and suppresses obesity-related inflammation.

Here's one study demonstrating the benefits of pomegranate seed oil in humans:

Effect of pomegranate seed oil on hyperlipidaemic subjects: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial.

Based on in vivo, in vitro, and animal studies, researchers suggest that pomegranates may ameliorate metabolic syndrome. Also, there are a number of studies in which pomegranates are referred to as a "functional food" due to the potential vast array of health benefits associated with its consumption.

Also, it is important to mention the addition of BioPerine, which has been shown to increase the absorption of fat-soluble nutrients by up to 60%. BioPerine increases the bioavailability of the fat-burning fatty acids in BellyTrim XP, making them more effective and efficient.

I hope that you've found this to be helpful, Rhythm9. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

Thank you so much Tim. The information you have given me is proof enough of the sincerity and integrity of your company. I will indeed read all of your posted references because as you understood, I am deeply interested in the ingredients involved.

I in fact am now a qualified personal trainer, and the only sad part is that I miss my course so much. Thankfully, they gave me ample, excellent reading material, and I feel that I was blessed to have gone to one of the best schools in Australia where teachers love the subject enough to answer questions with zeal.

As to my body composition, a bit of a sad story. I got back into shift work to pay off some debts, and over eating over the last few months is a sad and inevitable consequence of this. Yet as I write to you, in fact, as of tomorrow, I will have resigned from this job, and will next focus on getting my body back into shape. If I am to work as a Personal Trainer and do the further strength and conditioning courses I desire, I need to look and feel the part to trust myself to help another person achieve their dreams.

I will diligently try your product and like I said, recommend it to my friend who struggles with body fat in his belly region if this works on me. He has other health issues but I will happily ask you about them in the near future.

Many thanks again for the information you took the effort to share with me, and for your generous acceptance of my concerns.

Hi Rhythm9,

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythm9 View Post
    Thank you so much Tim. The information you have given me is proof enough of the sincerity and integrity of your company. I will indeed read all of your posted references because as you understood, I am deeply interested in the ingredients involved.
    It's absolutely our pleasure to help, and I'm glad to know that you found the information to be helpful. We sincerely appreciate you asking questions like these and for allowing us the opportunity to help.

I in fact am now a qualified personal trainer, and the only sad part is that I miss my course so much. Thankfully, they gave me ample, excellent reading material, and I feel that I was blessed to have gone to one of the best schools in Australia where teachers love the subject enough to answer questions with zeal.
    Congratulations, Rhythm9! I know that you mentioned initially that you were planning to take the course mostly for personal growth; however, do you plan to put your new credentials to use in the field professionally (now or in the future)? It seems that you are very passionate about health and fitness as well as helping others, and it seems that you would bring a great deal to our industry.

As to my body composition, a bit of a sad story. I got back into shift work to pay off some debts, and over eating over the last few months is a sad and inevitable consequence of this. Yet as I write to you, in fact, as of tomorrow, I will have resigned from this job, and will next focus on getting my body back into shape. If I am to work as a Personal Trainer and do the further strength and conditioning courses I desire, I need to look and feel the part to trust myself to help another person achieve their dreams.
    This is life, Rhythm9, and it "happens" even to the best, like yourself. In fact, going through an experience like this can actually help make you a better coach to your clients in the future, as it will help you appreciate the challenges that they may experience. That being said, kudos to you for noticing some of the things that may have been causing you to get off track, naming them, and then responding accordingly to your values and priorities.

This is a very good example of awareness/mindfulness, and if you can help teach this "habit" to your coaching clients, you will be able to make a world of difference in their lives.

Keep up the great work, Rhythm9, and please keep us posted with your progress. I look forward to hearing from you soon and to learning about how your journey unfolds.

You made my morning with your words of encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Skwiat
    Congratulations, Rhythm9! I know that you mentioned initially that you were planning to take the course mostly for personal growth; however, do you plan to put your new credentials to use in the field professionally (now or in the future)? It seems that you are very passionate about health and fitness as well as helping others, and it seems that you would bring a great deal to our industry.
    Indeed yes. By practicing on people I know or met, I realised that I not only loved training people, but they also enjoyed my programs, which are researched to each individual's goals and wishes. I will keep you updated on a monthly basis on how I am doing with the supplement combined with exercise and healthy eating, which I am quite good at doing provided I avoid cortisol raising jobs I don't like haha. My goal is to be in the industry within three months, as this is the time I am giving myself to not only gain desired body fat percentage, but to also do pull ups without assistance and other target strength goals. Whatever your dreams are, I hope you also persist and achieve them sooner than you hope :-)

Hi Rhythm9

You made my morning with your words of encouragement!
    It's important to highlight awesomeness, and you, my friend, are filled with it. In fact, you've realized just how powerful the journey can be. It goes well beyond the scale...you've found yourself and you have a better understanding of what's truly important to you, and as a result, you can prioritize accordingly. There's a lot more to it than "good" and "bad" foods and how much you exercise. Your first-hand experiences are going to afford you the opportunity to help a lot of people, and I'm excited to see where you go on your journey.

Indeed yes. By practicing on people I know or met, I realised that I not only loved training people, but they also enjoyed my programs, which are researched to each individual's goals and wishes. I will keep you updated on a monthly basis on how I am doing with the supplement combined with exercise and healthy eating, which I am quite good at doing provided I avoid cortisol raising jobs I don't like haha. My goal is to be in the industry within three months, as this is the time I am giving myself to not only gain desired body fat percentage, but to also do pull ups without assistance and other target strength goals. Whatever your dreams are, I hope you also persist and achieve them sooner than you hope :-)
    Thanks so much for your kind words and well wishes, Rhythm9. I appreciate them very much. I know you were joking about the cortisol-raising jobs, but this may be a critical experience, as you're likely to deal with clients who are going through similar situations. You might find the following resources interesting:

Energy Leaks: Fixing Your Flat Tires

Good stress, bad stress: Finding your sweet spot

Keep up the great work, Rhythm9, and please do keep us posted.

PS - Since you were so awesome to leave me with some inspirational words of wisdom, I thought you might appreciate the following:

"Opportunities will rarely come to you. You’ve got to chase the change."

Hi Tim, I am new to Biotrust products and have purchased the Bellytrim. After looking into CLA tho I have not yet been game to actually take it. I have read that it can decrease your bodies ability to regulate blood sugar and also negatively affects insulin sensitivity thus making it more likely that you can become diabetic. I really want to take it but am just too worried that I may be doing more harm than good.

Hi marbec,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community! Thank you so much for joining us here and for allowing us the opportunity to help. It is truly our privilege to be your resource for honest nutrition and health information.

Quote Originally Posted by marbec View Post
    After looking into CLA tho I have not yet been game to actually take it. I have read that it can decrease your bodies ability to regulate blood sugar and also negatively affects insulin sensitivity thus making it more likely that you can become diabetic. I really want to take it but am just too worried that I may be doing more harm than good.
    This is a good question, marbec, and I think that you'll find the following thread helpful, as we delved into this topic in considerable depth:

BellyTrim XP Effects

We most certainly appreciate you sharing your concerns with us and allowing us the opportunity to address them. I do hope that you found the information in the thread above to satisfactorily address your concerns. If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you, marbec!

+ Reply to Thread