+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BioTrust for Diabetics

BioTrust for Diabetics

Is it safe for diabetics to use BioTrust Low Carb? Will it spike my blood sugar?

Hi marniemayo,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community, and thank you for posting!

Our products will not cure any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

With that being said, BioTrust Low Carb is naturally very friendly on blood sugar and insulin levels with only 4 grams of net carbs per serving. We use a time-released blend of four proteins - both fast- and slow-digesting - to provide a sustained release of nutrition that will help keep your appetite at bay for hours. What's more, with the addition of four grams of gut-healthy fiber in each serving, you can expect a negligent impact on blood sugar levels.

If you are a diabetic, we do suggest that you consult your physician or pharmacist with any questions you may have about adding dietary supplements to your nutrition plan.
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

My husband is a type I diabetic, and I'll make fruit/vegetable smoothies that include the BioTrust protein powder, and he has not experienced a problem. We just, obviously, have to watch the amount/type of fruit that we use. I think the lower carb content/low sugar is a great feature of this product. Everyone's blood sugar management varies, of course, so yeah, check with your endo or doctor for sure!

Thanks, Stacey!
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

Do you take the IC-5 at a meal with any carbs, ie piece of bread, or with a meal including several carbs.? I take it with each meal with ANY carbs even though I am on a low carb diet.

Hello and welcome back doglady3

Nice to see you and posted a question today
    I hope you are well and do you have 3 dogs lol

I typically take the iC5 when I have 20 grams or more of carbs in a meal
    One of our awesome coaches will chime in with a proper answer lol

Have a lovely fall day and take care !!!

Dee

Hi doglady3,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community and thanks so much for allowing us the opportunity to help you!

This is a great question, and one we get quite frequently. The short of it is you should take two capsules of IC-5 with at least two of your most carbohydrate-dense meals of the day, regardless of what kind of diet you follow. You may take up to three doses of IC-5 max per day, though.

Determining which meals you should take IC-5 with is user-dependent, which is why the recommendation is somewhat ambiguous. Meaning, we cannot see how you compose your meals, so it's impossible to really say when it's optimal to take IC-5. Coming up with a number of carbohydrate grams to warrant IC-5's use is quite difficult, as some folks consistently eat 30 or more grams in every meal. With that said, taking IC-5 prior to any meal consisting of 25-30+ grams of carbohydrates would be a good baseline to work with for most folks on a fat loss plan—this is essentially what Dee (orchid) recommended above.

I hope this helps and makes sense, doglady3. If you have any other questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. We are here to assist you in any way we can. In the meantime, definitely check out the following resources for more information on dieting, exercise, supplements, and more:

Low Carbohydrate Diets: Are They Necessary?

The BioTrust Starter Thread

Thank you!
    Brian Murray, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Follow BioTrust on Instagram

Hi, I`m doglady3, a newby although I`m quite familiar with dieting after having tried it most of my adult life. (To answer the question I don`t have any dogs right now having lost my dear companion a couple months ago. I have had dogs my whole life and am considering on getting a new one. But I do miss and love them!) I am a 69 year old female who in the last seven years lost 50 lbs and have managed to keep it off. The main deterrent is- I have a new wardrobe and don`t want to go back to a bigger size again. So when things get a little snuggy I know it`s time to pay attention before I have to struggle with a big loss. Having clothes get small is a big clue!! Since I gained a few lbs over the summer and winter is soon approaching I started eating more healthy Oct. 7th by cutting out most all sweets and low carbs. I came across Bio Trust and now take IC-5, Belly Trim and Leptiburn. Today I`m awaiting delivery on the protein cookies and bars. I`ve always said I have the metabolism of a snail and believe those are the products I should be taking. I also have hypothyroidism but I can`t blame weight gain on that as I know I eat the wrong things, especially a serious sweet tooth. I seem to crave something sweet first thing in the morning and especially like sweet, cinnamon rolls or donuts!!! That sets my day off so I am definitely not doing that. I am kinda, sorta, on my own diet as I don`t do well with a structured one. I eat less, cut way down on carbs. I do like vegetables and salads so that`s not a problem. I don`t really deprive myself. I have allowed myself a very small bite of dark (ugh) chocolate or 2-3 m& m`s after supper. Maybe even a teaspoon of ice cream. Just something for the taste. Today is my cheat day and I bought two donuts yesterday and was really looking forward to them. Well I ate the one this morning and threw the other one away! it just didn`t taste as good as I thought it would. I am looking forward to going out to dinner tonight and will not worry about what I`m eating as to how much. (Red Lobster or a Japanese place.)
    Eating the donut was a little like going to the steak place that tells you to throw your shells on the floor. It just ain`t right!! I am hungry for a tuna fish sandwich and think I will do that, with some mayo, onion and sweet pickle, maybe even a chip or two. I don`t have much to lose, probably 20 lbs. If I lose much more I`m going to look like an old lady with lots of wrinkles (more than I have now). I`m going to Playa del Carmen in Dec. and hope to look a little better in my swimsuit although that may take a miracle! I am excited about these products and with them think I can do it. . I know I should measure myself but I don`t. I go by how well my clothes fit, that`s a good indication. Will keep you posted. Mary

Holy Moly Mary !!!
    Awesome that you have kept that weight off....YOU ROCK !!!

Ok I am picking out certain words here as I have to pick up my friend soon lol
    Red freaking Lobster !!!!....we don't have any close by ...so far away from me lol...4 hrs into the US or 12 hrs in Canada lol
    You are on the right track with the products and you will love the protein cookies and bars sooooo much
    Imagine a great tasting cookie that is healthful !!!

I go by my clothes too Mary... I know approx how much I have lost by the clothes.
    That is all the validation I need but that is what works for me lol

This is a great community and so happy you joined us
    Be excited ....be very excited lol

YOU GOT THIS MARY !!!

Dee

Thanks ! Just got my shipment of cookies and bars. Haven`t tasted them yet as I`m full. Had a tuna fish sandwich, pickles but were out of chips and that`s ok. I REALLY enjoy a cookie with a cup of tea or coffee so looking forward to getting of this cheat day! Going to do 30 minutes on my tread climber after my lunch settles. Other than walking that`s about all I do. I`m content with that. Have a lot of osteoarthritis and had a successful knee replacement in March. Doing well and enjoying a straight knee after 30+years. I always say though you have to keep moving to be able to move. Oh had maybe 1/4 cup of ice cream too! It was good. Don`t know how much I`ll eat for supper. Not at all hungry now.

+ Reply to Thread