+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BioTrust for Diabetics

BioTrust for Diabetics

Is it safe for diabetics to use BioTrust Low Carb? Will it spike my blood sugar?

Hi marniemayo,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community, and thank you for posting!

Our products will not cure any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

With that being said, BioTrust Low Carb is naturally very friendly on blood sugar and insulin levels with only 4 grams of net carbs per serving. We use a time-released blend of four proteins - both fast- and slow-digesting - to provide a sustained release of nutrition that will help keep your appetite at bay for hours. What's more, with the addition of four grams of gut-healthy fiber in each serving, you can expect a negligent impact on blood sugar levels.

If you are a diabetic, we do suggest that you consult your physician or pharmacist with any questions you may have about adding dietary supplements to your nutrition plan.
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

My husband is a type I diabetic, and I'll make fruit/vegetable smoothies that include the BioTrust protein powder, and he has not experienced a problem. We just, obviously, have to watch the amount/type of fruit that we use. I think the lower carb content/low sugar is a great feature of this product. Everyone's blood sugar management varies, of course, so yeah, check with your endo or doctor for sure!

Thanks, Stacey!
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    BioTRUST Nutrition: We are THE premium, natural nutrition brand committed to integrity, excellence, and giving back.

Do you take the IC-5 at a meal with any carbs, ie piece of bread, or with a meal including several carbs.? I take it with each meal with ANY carbs even though I am on a low carb diet.

Hello and welcome back doglady3

Nice to see you and posted a question today
    I hope you are well and do you have 3 dogs lol

I typically take the iC5 when I have 20 grams or more of carbs in a meal
    One of our awesome coaches will chime in with a proper answer lol

Have a lovely fall day and take care !!!

Dee

Hi doglady3,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community and thanks so much for allowing us the opportunity to help you!

This is a great question, and one we get quite frequently. The short of it is you should take two capsules of IC-5 with at least two of your most carbohydrate-dense meals of the day, regardless of what kind of diet you follow. You may take up to three doses of IC-5 max per day, though.

Determining which meals you should take IC-5 with is user-dependent, which is why the recommendation is somewhat ambiguous. Meaning, we cannot see how you compose your meals, so it's impossible to really say when it's optimal to take IC-5. Coming up with a number of carbohydrate grams to warrant IC-5's use is quite difficult, as some folks consistently eat 30 or more grams in every meal. With that said, taking IC-5 prior to any meal consisting of 25-30+ grams of carbohydrates would be a good baseline to work with for most folks on a fat loss plan—this is essentially what Dee (orchid) recommended above.

I hope this helps and makes sense, doglady3. If you have any other questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. We are here to assist you in any way we can. In the meantime, definitely check out the following resources for more information on dieting, exercise, supplements, and more:

Low Carbohydrate Diets: Are They Necessary?

The BioTrust Starter Thread

Thank you!
    Brian Murray, Pn1
    Nutrition and Exercise Coach
    Follow BioTrust on Instagram

+ Reply to Thread