+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BioTrust for Diabetics

BioTrust for Diabetics

Is it safe for diabetics to use BioTrust Low Carb? Will it spike my blood sugar?

Hi marniemayo,

Welcome to the BioTrust Community, and thank you for posting!

Our products will not cure any disease. Because we are not doctors and do not know your complete medical history, we advise that you consult your doctor and/or pharmacist about your specific medical question. And, never stop taking any medications without your doctor's approval.

With that being said, BioTrust Low Carb is naturally very friendly on blood sugar and insulin levels with only 4 grams of net carbs per serving. We use a time-released blend of four proteins - both fast- and slow-digesting - to provide a sustained release of nutrition that will help keep your appetite at bay for hours. What's more, with the addition of four grams of gut-healthy fiber in each serving, you can expect a negligent impact on blood sugar levels.

If you are a diabetic, we do suggest that you consult your physician or pharmacist with any questions you may have about adding dietary supplements to your nutrition plan.
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach

My husband is a type I diabetic, and I'll make fruit/vegetable smoothies that include the BioTrust protein powder, and he has not experienced a problem. We just, obviously, have to watch the amount/type of fruit that we use. I think the lower carb content/low sugar is a great feature of this product. Everyone's blood sugar management varies, of course, so yeah, check with your endo or doctor for sure!

Thanks, Stacey!
    Tim Skwiat, MEd., CSCS, Pn1
    Senior Nutrition and Exercise Coach

+ Reply to Thread